Dual nVidia Quadro FX 3800 cards

spiresvideo

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
I have a nVidia Quadro FX 3800 card - looking to add a third monitor and want to know if a second Quadro FX 3800 card will work or if there is another solution.

I have found a lot of info on SLI MultiOS for this card, but nothing about standard SLI configurations.

Thank you.

popatim

Titan
It fully supports SLI but sli isn't going to help you get 3 monitors on that card. It supports 2. Sli makes one card almost twice as powerful...
You can add the second card as a stand alone card (non-SLI) and still expand your desktop across it and now you'll have the ability to run 4 monitors if you wanted.
I run a gt520 to power my 2nd display while my gaming card powers my main screen. It works nice for what I do.

spiresvideo

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Thank you popatim. I guess I was under the impression SLI was the joining factor for two cards to work in one system.

Followup question: does a second card need to be another Quadro card or could it be, lets say, a Matrox card or ATI?

Thanks!

David Paul_1

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017

Yes, I also thought the same thing. They should simplify thing w/the motherboards. If it's not broken do not fix it. ;-)... .