[SOLVED] Dual Nvme drive setup on a new build

Oct 25, 2020
I have two different NVMe drives one's an SK heinik's gold one terabyte gen 3 and one is a severant rocket Q4 2 TB PCIe 4.0 gen 4. I am wondering if I should use the gen 3 card SK Hynix Gold P31 1 tb for the boot drive or the Gen 4 sabrent 2 TB rocket Q4 PCIe 4.0 card for the boot drive, because the sabrent is a lot faster,. I also have an Msi Mag Tomahawk x570 motherboard

Solution
I have two different NVMe drives one's an SK heinik's gold one terabyte gen 3 and one is a severant rocket Q4 2 TB PCIe 4.0 gen 4. I am wondering if I should use the gen 3 card SK Hynix Gold P31 1 tb for the boot drive or the Gen 4 sabrent 2 TB rocket Q4 PCIe 4.0 card for the boot drive, because the sabrent is a lot faster,. I also have an Msi Mag Tomahawk x570 motherboard
In a blind test, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference either way.

1TB for the OS+application drive, 2TB for all that other stuff.

kanewolf

Titan
The real world difference will be negligible. Even the upgrade from SATA to NVMe is minimal. Once you get off spinning disks the improvements are so small you won't notice the difference.

USAFRet

Titan
In a blind test, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference either way.

1TB for the OS+application drive, 2TB for all that other stuff.

Solution