Question Dual Nvme - Expansion Card - for a Z97A

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, if you had a high end card like a 2080 Ti it may be a different story. Although there would still be a couple other factors to consider.

If you were to do dual graphics card I might lean back towards using the built in M.2 slot. But multi GPU is dying, doesn't really make sense anymore, especially for a low-mid range card like a 570. Better off just getting the single most powerful card you can.

Last edited:

TheWhiteRose000

Distinguished
Yes, if you had a high end card like a 2080 To it may be a different story. Although there would still be a couple other factors to consider.

If you were to do dual graphics card I might lean back towards using the built in M.2 slot. But multi GPU is dying, doesn't really make sense anymore, especially for a low-mid range card like a 570. Better off just getting the single most powerful card you can.

Final question then, I think, probably....
Let's say I put a 2080ti in there and used the other slot for the NVME, would I hit a bottle neck or should I just stick it out with the M.2 drive and a big GPU in a straight 16x slot?