Question Dual OS, minor glitch

Barkfunklerbunk

Prominent
Nov 20, 2019
I run Ubuntu on one SSD, and then run Windows 10 pro on a seperate SSD. My default OS is Ubuntu (boot priority), and when I want to run Windows 10 pro I go into BIOS and select the proper SSD. This works just fine, and everything is fine.. but.. a minor "bug" is that when I load up Windows 10 Pro, the time is 6 hours off. I don't have this issue on Ubuntu. Time and Time Zone in Settings are set to automatic. The date is always accurate, but time is always off. Any suggestions? It's an annoying inconvenience.

Hello

Can you please check if the system time in BIOS is correct? Also, please check if the time zone is correct in Windows 10, and that the Set time automatically option in the Date & time settings is enabled.

Feel free to report back if none of the above suggestions works, and you need further assistance in this.

Cheers!!

Barkfunklerbunk

Prominent
Nov 20, 2019
Hello

Can you please check if the system time in BIOS is correct? Also, please check if the time zone is correct in Windows 10, and that the Set time automatically option in the Date & time settings is enabled.

Feel free to report back if none of the above suggestions works, and you need further assistance in this.

Cheers!!
Both of those options are enabled. I just noticed the other day the incorrect time in Linux, but Linux is much faster and automatically corrects the time, so thats most likely why I didn't notice in Linux. The culprit was that the BIOS time was incorrect. I reset it, and seemed to solve the problem. However, it happened again (in BIOS), so I suspect the CMOS battery needs replacing. It's a fairly new board (to me), but I believe the Asus ROG Strix b450-i has been available since summer of '18. Once I get around to replacing the CMOS battery, I will check back in and report.