DUAL OS - Windows 8/Windows 7

WylieARunner

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
I just purchased a computer that has Windows 8 preinstalled. I need to use Windows 7 for work (I work from home & Windows 7 is the only OS supported by my client - plus, I like it alot more anyway). Is there a way to create a partition in order to keep Windows 8 on the harddrive (dormant) ... and install Windows 7 as my active OS? Then if my client ever upgrades to Windows 8, I still have it. If so, could someone tell me how? Please keep in mind that although I am quite intelligient about many things, when it comes to computers - I am quite "challenged"! :) Thanks!

QUICK UPDATE - I ended up deleting the partitions with the Windows 8 OS and did a clean install of Windows 7. This unfortunately caused a huge problem which I do not know how to repair. At the end of the installation, I get a blue screen & error message that states "Your PC needs to be repaired. A required device isn't connected or can't be assessed. Error code: 0xc000000f". If anyone can help me find a solution to this ... I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

ollpu

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
You can create a new partition with window's partition tool. Just watch out when playing with partitions.
You'll have to free some space for a new drive, then allocate it creating a new partition. This is where you can install another OS. Setting up dualboot with Windows 8 will be tricky.

TRENDING THREADS