Dual P2-300 OR Single 400?

G

I have two choices for my old PC: a dual P2-300 or a single P2-400 both with asus P2B boards, which should i choose?? please help, as i need to know which is fastest..

Sincerely
Azriel.

The world is mine! www.cheaters.dk

G

I take for granted that you are running Linux or NT, couse windows 9x doesn't support dual processors... (I think...)
...it also depends on how you use your computer. Games doesn't take advantage of two processors, so if you play games go for the 400. But if you a multitasking alot then two 300 is alot faster...

<b>Voodoo</b><i>Child</i> :cool:

G

I run NT, with Naspter, Winamp, IExplorer, ICQ, C64s emulator, but allmost no games... so you think i should use the p2-400 and the p2-300 as a dual system p-300, i thought that it wouldnt mean so much...

G

You should see better performance on the dual-300 system, if you run lots of apps at the same time and/or your apps are properly multithreaded (which more and more are). In addition, dual systems are heaps of fun :) I still run a dual P-Pro (2x200MHz) from the old days just for posterity. Oh, and it still whoops a Celeron 500.

G

Thank you very much, i´ll do that, and then let you know how it went, if youre interested.. :) thanks again.

Azriel