[SOLVED] Dual PC Setup Suggestions + Micro Tick Screen Issues Recording & Streaming

Feb 25, 2019
Evening everyone. The title says it all, I'm looking for some help and suggestions getting my 2 PC's setup to stream and record. I've been testing different options and parts for both Streaming and Gaming PC, trying to get the best outcome.

CURRENT SETUPS.)
Gaming PC,
Monitor: ACER 32" 144hz 2k Freesync Curved
MOBO: Asus Strix x470-F Gaming
GPU: Radeon Vii
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
MEM: 16GB Gskillz Trident
PSU 1200w Rosewill 80+Gold
Storage: 2x SSD 500gb 1X SSHD 2TB
MIC: Blue Snowball Ice

Stream/Record PC,
Monitor: (1)- HP Pavilion 32" 70Hz(True 60Hz) 2k QLED (2)- TV @ 60Hz Hisense
MOBO: MSI x3770 Gaming Titanium
GPU: Radeon Vega 64
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
MEM: 16GB Gskillz Ripjaw
PSU: 750w EVGA 80+ Bronze
Storage: 2x SSD (120GB & 500GB) 1x HDD 500GB
Cap Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

Should I Keep the hardware as it is, or should I swap around some items?

KILLING ME!!!.) - I have continuously had issues with, well for lack of a better term "micro ticks". Every second, like clockwork i get this cringing frame skip or flash that is able to be seen on every recording I've done in the past 2 months. I have a feeling this is due to my 144hz monitor trying to sync up with NDI, and/or Elgato (Currently using Elgato as i thought NDI was the issue) Any advice relating to how I can fix this issue would be great. I have tried pretty much all solutions that are on the web, v-sync, lower FPS cap, lower GPU settings, FPS Sync, Downscale 2k to 1080p to 720p to even 480p, 144Hz to 60Hz, 2k to 1080p, OBS to SLOBS to AMD GC to Elgato GC...The list goes on but you get the point.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to check out this post!

Solution
I would try dropping the cap card into the gaming rig and see if it acts better. Or scrap the cap card all together and try streaming with the 2700x/r7 alone that's a very potent combo. If it hurts performance some we can try some other things but that'd be my first try

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
I would try dropping the cap card into the gaming rig and see if it acts better. Or scrap the cap card all together and try streaming with the 2700x/r7 alone that's a very potent combo. If it hurts performance some we can try some other things but that'd be my first try

Solution