G

I got a great deal on a full tower with a 300w ps. I am running 2 pIII 1ghz's with a scsi disk array and an ide disk array, along with a smattering of other junk (including peltier coolers) so i need more juice. the question is can i run two psu's at once. The second one needs some method of turning on which must come from the mb connector. anyone know which wire(s) need to be spliced inorder to control the second ps on/off function? I am hypothesising, but i figure that the 5v constant power from the psu #1 must be bounced back down a control line from the mb to the psu when the power button is hit, thus turning on the 12v switched power. Therefore if thats true, i need to figure out the control line, and voila! 700w. -Hunter

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
I wasnt gonna answer, but I happened to chance across
http://www.daocplace.com/
They've got instructions there.

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
There's a couple of different ways to do it, but the only one that *doesn't* involve cutting wires uses a relay.

You can use the 12v rail on the main psu to activate the secondary. This leaves both psu's completely intact, so if you want to, you can just unhook everything and sell/give it away.

<font color=blue>I hacked Msft, and all I got was this lousy source code.....</font color=blue>

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
Shorting the green and black (any black) wires on an atx psu will power on the psu.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers