[SOLVED] Dual qsfp+ server

Dec 19, 2018
Are there are servers (linux preferably, but I suppose that can be changed) available with existing dual QSFP+ NIC cards? I know there are some dual QSFP+ PCI 3.0x8 NIC cards made by Intel, Mellanox etc but I'd much rather buy a ready-to-go server which has the right memory, horsepower etc to handle qsfp+ 40Gbe data.

Solution
The amount of "horsepower" you need to support 40GE depends on what you want to do with it.

Where I work we routinely have dual QSFP cards in last generation dual socket Xeon hosts. The current servers like a DL380 G10 with the Xeon scalable CPUs should be able to support.
I don't see any HP server with QSFP+ on the motherboard. That will be an add-in. But if you are working with a technical sales person from Dell or HP, they should be able to help you with configuration.

kanewolf

Titan
The amount of "horsepower" you need to support 40GE depends on what you want to do with it.

Where I work we routinely have dual QSFP cards in last generation dual socket Xeon hosts. The current servers like a DL380 G10 with the Xeon scalable CPUs should be able to support.
I don't see any HP server with QSFP+ on the motherboard. That will be an add-in. But if you are working with a technical sales person from Dell or HP, they should be able to help you with configuration.

Solution