[SOLVED] Dual ram and ram speeds

Feb 22, 2020
I have a gtx 1070 and and i7 6700. My ram is 2x16 gb 2133mhz. However, when I play fortnite, I feel that in certain scenarios my fps is far below what is should be. Because something is wrong with my motherboard, I cannot run my ram in dual channel mode. So I was wondering how much of a performance increase could I expect for upgrading to dual channel and upgrading the ram speeds to 3200mhz in fortnite?

Solution
If your RAM is not in dual channel mode you may have it in the wrong slots if you have 4 slots, or there may be an issue with the RAM you are using and the motherboard compatability.

Dual channel mode won't get much improvement, how much is a guess, could be 1% could be 3% maybe more, maybe less. If it's worth the cost of a new motherboard and RAM is up to you and how important money is vs FPS in a game.
If your RAM is not in dual channel mode you may have it in the wrong slots if you have 4 slots, or there may be an issue with the RAM you are using and the motherboard compatability.

Dual channel mode won't get much improvement, how much is a guess, could be 1% could be 3% maybe more, maybe less. If it's worth the cost of a new motherboard and RAM is up to you and how important money is vs FPS in a game.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution