Dual Screen Microsoft Tablet Called 'Courier'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Well the picture looks interesting. Who know could be good, I'm interested. "several types of multitouch finger gestures" Could this be Microsoft getting ready to give Apple the big fat finger? First the Zune HD now a tablet, perhaps M$ is getting ready to at least try and give Apple some competition in these areas.

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
Finally I can get rid of all my paper!!!! This looks like the perfect sized multi-functional planner and small computer. I like it. Hope it sees daylight.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
But seriously, I can see this working like a laptop too, lift up one side and view it landscape at the same time a keyboard lays itself on the other screen.

Maybe this actual device is going to be a glorified Kindle but it shows the future of things to come. Something like this in 13" to 15" for a notebook, credit card sized SSDs, its all looking good.

El_Capitan

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Actually, that's pretty cool. back_by_demand, I was thinking the same thing, too. Having a virtual keyboard would be handy if taking notes (much easier to type notes than write them by hand, especially on a tablet).

G

Now that is a Be-a-U-Tee-Full looking tablet! :drool:

If only they'll release a 17" version.
Either way, I'd buy one and I'd definitely use it. :)

It'd be a multifuntion device. Laptop, eReader, Multimedia Player, Game consol, notebook, Ect, ect, ect....

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I'm impressed, but always worry that it looks better as a prototype than it will be in actual function.

I'm all about having a book-sized device (lxw, not in thickness) that I could use as an e-reader, for note taking, simple web/e-mail access. If done right, this could be very cool.

I just hope it's as impressive at launch.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom](prepare to be marked -600, very soon)But.... can it play Crysis?[/citation]
Damnit...I am getting sick and tired of see this effing question every time I turn around. Maybe it was funny the first few times but enough is enough.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
That's what I'm looking for only with e-ink screens. Would be awesome if one screen was e-ink and the other LCD. Could use the e-ink screen as a keyboard when in landscape mode or turn the LCD screen off and read a book at crazy low power.

G

I'd generally be only interested in battery life.
It's going to house some processor like an Atom Z series,AMD Geode, or ARM processor. Somost likely the performance won't be top, but if it has a 3 hours battery life or less, I'd find little reason to buy a device like this.
Also if it has no open format capability, I'd be less interested.

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
It's an interesting rumor to me because this is pretty much the same format as the next One Laptop Per Child machine on the drawing board.
If it turns out MS is working on something similar, it will mean that the OLPC project not only presaged the demand for cheap, small, under-performing laptops, but also the segment of dual-touchscreen keyboardless devices that fold up like a book.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
Hmm. looks like MS took the lead on the tablet again. This design is great and looks rich and featurefull. Mac Tablet coming eventually, it would seem that microsoft may have set the trend on this product.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom](prepare to be marked -600, very soon)But.... can it play Crysis?[/citation] I've been wanting to see a tablet with some form of gaming capability

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]major7up[/nom]Damnit...I am getting sick and tired of see this effing question every time I turn around. Maybe it was funny the first few times but enough is enough.[/citation]
I'm sorry, (not!), but I couldn't help it. At least I didn't say...
"First! LOLZ!"

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Maybe this is the way to go, I did wonder how a multitouch device was going to get past the limitations of Tablet PCs where the keyboard makes the whole thing huge, and twisting the screen that closing it on top makes it thick as a whale sandwich. On the other hand a "star trek" style PAD device has a screen always open to the elements so making a folding dual screen with the keyboard as onscreen touch sensitive is a great idea. We already have phones that have onscreen keyboards we tap on with a stylus so why not a bigger one we type with fingers.

Bosh an nVidia Ion, super slim SSD, built in RAM, USB connector, Windows 7 and i'll buy 5000 units tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS