Dual screen with GTX 970 and separate resolutions.

Jul 5, 2018
As the title says, would it be possible to run a dual screen set up out of a GTX 970 GPU.

I'm running and BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz monitor @ 1920x1080 and I'm thinking of buying another screen which would run off HDMI @ 60Hz @ 2560x1080.

I'm assuming I would run into problems with connectivity or resolution between the 2 cards but thought it was worth asking if anyone knows! Thanks!

Solution
i've run multiple resolutions many times. won't be a problem. only catch is if you want to game on both screens, then it will have to be the same resolution while in game (or at least it used to be that way). otherwise it's no problem at all having 2 different resolutions at once. i have a 1080p monitor, a 1080p tv and an older 900p monitor hooked up to my pc right now :)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i've run multiple resolutions many times. won't be a problem. only catch is if you want to game on both screens, then it will have to be the same resolution while in game (or at least it used to be that way). otherwise it's no problem at all having 2 different resolutions at once. i have a 1080p monitor, a 1080p tv and an older 900p monitor hooked up to my pc right now :)

Solution