Dual separate m.2 SSD on Asus Z270E

IroZaki

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
Hello, I have a Asus z270e motherboard and it has 2 m.2 slots. I just bought a second 960 evo because I needed more storage and it shows up both in the bios and in the device manager; samsung magician and everywhere but it doesn't shows as a D: drive; what should I try to do?

Solution
Sorry I solved the problem already, what I had to do is Search on windows for "hard disk partition", open the only thing it founds then I had to initialize the disk and after that I clicked on the grayed out part where it says the total gb avaible and I formatted the disk, now everything works correctly

IroZaki

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
Sorry I solved the problem already, what I had to do is Search on windows for "hard disk partition", open the only thing it founds then I had to initialize the disk and after that I clicked on the grayed out part where it says the total gb avaible and I formatted the disk, now everything works correctly

Solution
You ought to have known that new HDDs & SSDs are supplied un-partitioned, and without any partitions it won't have any drive letters assigned to it either - - all basic stuff my friend. Still, you seem to have realised that & took the appropriate action to fix it, so well done.