dual soundcard setup questions

rut

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2004

I want to install a 2nd soundcard (M-Audio 2496) to go with my SB
Audigy PlatinumEX currently installed.

Is there any problems in doing this? Do you have to enable/disable a
soundcard or can both be "active" at the same time?

Thanks
Rut

peter

Hi,

You are asking for troubles to install 2 sound cards in one OS.

Peter

"Rut" wrote:

> I want to install a 2nd soundcard (M-Audio 2496) to go with my SB
> Audigy PlatinumEX currently installed.
>
> Is there any problems in doing this? Do you have to enable/disable a
> soundcard or can both be "active" at the same time?
>
> Thanks
> Rut

Rut,

www.google.com will show you others that have done it.

r.

> Hi,
>
> You are asking for troubles to install 2 sound cards in one OS.
>
> Peter
>

> "Rut" wrote:
>
>> I want to install a 2nd soundcard (M-Audio 2496) to go with my SB
>> Audigy PlatinumEX currently installed.
>>
>> Is there any problems in doing this? Do you have to enable/disable a
>> soundcard or can both be "active" at the same time?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Rut

rut

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2004

Yes. I'd like to know how feasable it is to run two sound cards in one
system. A soundblaster audigy for games/dvd and an m-audio 2496 for
music recording. Would I see driver interaction problems?

Rut

I use two sound cards, one MME (generic device on asio motherboard) and an
STA audio configured as ASIO. just never use your m-audio for windows
default, and never use your soundblaster in your audio apps. No problem to
use to at the same time.

Voilà

"Rut" <rutledj@rjrt.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
d88f2c7d.0411271657.5ffa8d3f@posting.google.com...
> Yes. I'd like to know how feasable it is to run two sound cards in one
> system. A soundblaster audigy for games/dvd and an m-audio 2496 for
> music recording. Would I see driver interaction problems?
>
> Rut

sorry...
* asus motherboard

41b07485$0$9047$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr...