Dual/ Tri Monitors

cooljaken

Reputable
Feb 9, 2015
So iv got a bit of a dilemma on my hands.

I want to get a new monitor for my pc but i cannot decide what setup would be better. i would really like to get a multi monitor setup, but im having problems with that, first of all i really dont think 3 21inch monitors are going to fit comfortably on my desk, unless u guys think i would be fine with 3 smaller monitors??

anyways that leaves me with the possibility of 2 monitors. But i have doubts about that, firstly i have a Amd Radeon R7 250 graphics card, which isnt the best graphics card in the world, it has one VGA,Hdmi and dvi slot but NO display ports. Firstly id like to know wether or not my graphics card can support multimonitors, i read somewhere that for eyefinity to work you need at least one monior hooked up to a display port, is that true?? Secondly i know two monitors arent ideal the edges are in the middle, i use my pc for 2 things 3D modeling and Gaming, dual screens is ideal for Modeling but a pain for gaming, would i be able to use eyefinity and quicly change the display to be only on one screen???

I could buy a new graphics card but i dont have loads of money so if you think is hould just say and if you could recommmend a good amd graphics card too me that would be helpful, (i only want amd because im familiar with the software and like eyefinity).
What are your opionions? what should i do?? can my graphics card support it?? will eyefinity work??

Xivilain

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014
Ok here's my opinion... Dual/Triple monitors is great for work. I love it. Put email/IM on the left screen, spreadsheets on the middle, and firefox on the right screen. You'll feel like a multi-tasking god.

Now, for video games, I'd rather have 1 BIG screen. 24"-34" / high res / etc. Surround video gaming is not fit for everyone. If you plan on blowing a lot of cash, It'd probably be the way to go. However, I'm completely satisfied with 1 large screen instead. I don't have annoying bezels in between the screens, or have to deal with extra cables, small desks, display hubs, or triple VESA stands.

Radeon R7 250 may not support triple monitors at all. Tom's has a review on the R7 250X and says that it "-lets you play most games comfortably at 1920x1080 with low to medium detail settings." We're talking 1 screen here... not triple or dual. So you're going to need an upgrade to play games or do some modeling on multi-monitors.

Hope this helps.