[SOLVED] Dual xeon E5-2690 or a Dual E5-2689?

Mar 24, 2020
Hello, I am about to update my PC and searching on aliexpress I founded a set that contains a Chinese x79, 2 xeon x2689 and 8x4 gb ram ddr3 motherboard, all this came for about 300 dollars and looking for the translations that I don't think that It is a scam, but then I founded another set identical to the other, the only difference was that the CPUs were two E5-2690, the price is 320. What should i take? I am planning to use this to work, animate and as a gaming platform for games like Metro Exodus and the new destination (I want to use it to register the game too) I don't have that much money, so my total budget is about $ 300, I already have a graphics card and a case, so there's no problem on that side.

Solution
I would also never buy a 'clone' or other fake stuff that may be filled with backdoors and sub-standard performance.

I'd try your luck finding a genuine used setup from someone dismantling or selling a server setup. You should be able to spend a lot less too.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello, I am about to update my PC and searching on aliexpress I founded a set that contains a Chinese x79, 2 xeon x2689 and 8x4 gb ram ddr3 motherboard, all this came for about 300 dollars and looking for the translations that I don't think that It is a scam, but then I founded another set identical to the other, the only difference was that the CPUs were two E5-2690, the price is 320. What should i take? I am planning to use this to work, animate and as a gaming platform for games like Metro Exodus and the new destination (I want to use it to register the game too) I don't have that much money, so my total budget is about $ 300, I already have a graphics card and a case, so there's no problem on that side.
I would never buy an E5-2689. It does not show up on the Intel ARK. Therefore it was not intended to be sold publicly. Support for that CPU may be limited.

I would also never buy a 'clone' or other fake stuff that may be filled with backdoors and sub-standard performance.

I'd try your luck finding a genuine used setup from someone dismantling or selling a server setup. You should be able to spend a lot less too.

Solution
Mar 24, 2020

Yeah that is a really good idea i will try to search better for something more authentic the only I already searched in the web to buy the pieces separately but the total ends up costing me too much but i will try again to see if can find something good.