Question DualShock 4 not recognized

Dudeguy65

Reputable
Aug 25, 2016
Hi,

I have been using a DS4 controller via Bluetooth for several years now, utilizing DS4Windows. I have never really had any issues using this controller in this way. Recently I wanted to upgrade my Bluetooth signal since its not always great (I have a living room setup) and I had to disable the motherboard Bluetooth in order to to get the better range from a usb Bluetooth receiver. This was fine at first, but recently Steam stopped recognizing my DS4 controller even though it is successfully connected via Bluetooth and shows in Device Manager and the DS4 app as connected. I can’t figure out a way to get Steam to recognize it, other than restarting my computer. Reactivating my motherboard Bluetooth doesn’t change anything. Once I restart, the DS4 will work with Steam fine until I put the computer into sleep mode. Once I wake from sleep mode, Steam refuses to recognize the controller. So basically, in order to use my DS4 I have to restart my computer every time, which is frustrating. If anyone has any idea what the issue may be please help!

Thanks

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS