Dualshock 4 on USB 3.0 causing BSOD

limb0ist

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014
When I connect my Dualshock 4 on my USB 3.0 port, a new device connected sound pops up but then, couple of device disconnected sound comes out. If I do not disconnect my dualshock 4 from my USB 3.0. my system crashes with a note saying that asmtxhci.sys caused the crash. Even the BSOD is weird as after the count reaches 100%, the PC does not restart itself.

limb0ist

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014

I checked for updates on Device manager, tells me that it is up to date. Rolled back on the driver, still the same. Uninstalled it and restarted my system which reinstalls by default, still does the same problem.

limb0ist

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014

Well apparently the problem was entirely different. I tried everything from updating the bios again and downloading chipset drivers. Nothing seemed to fix the problem until I took a look at the connections that went into the motherboard. The blue cable which is the connection cable for USB 3.0 had 2 separate ends. One was a big wide end and the other was coming off to its side in a more 6 pin like head. I connected both of them, thinking that it was the proper way. Turns out I was wrong and the 6 pin like head was for mobos that didn't support USB 3.0. I disconnected that head while keeping the big blue head connected. Work properly now.