thomseddon

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
Thought i might as well kick this part off asking if anyone drives a dub?

i got a polo last year and have introduced myself onto the scene, and love it.
Its just so refreshing to see cars that are so subtly modded, but look so brilliant.

For those of you who don't know a dub is a VW and are most commonly "euro styled" which involves subtle mod's using mainly if not exclusively OEM parts, slammed (i.e. dropped down) and have deep dish rims.

for example:

DSCF0579.jpg

some good pics in here:
http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=158130

gazfast

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Quite a sweet looker there Tom, big fan of the Polo myself, can't afford a new one yet, but am thinking of an older model for sprints and hillclimbs, or a Gen 1 golf fitted with a twin cam.

would love to have a drive of a Polo SuperCup car, 195kW 1.9TDI, that sounds like more fun than is legal...

thomseddon

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
haha i would love to buy a mk1 golf, saw one at a vw show month a ago for just £2000 but as i am heading to university just can't afford to what i want with it...:(

Yeh you can pick up a polo G40 (supercharged mk3) for little over £1000, would love that.

You should check out:
www.clubpolo.co.uk
www.edition38.co.uk
www.clublupo.co.uk (some good stuff)
www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/

gazfast

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009

Just have to get on op of a few things first, married, four sons, and not a lot of spare cash right now.

We are thinking about moving to a bigger property so i can have a decent shed, which then allows for a proper workspace and storage area, plus some room for the boys to have dirtbikes/quads, although would take 5-10 acres, so we will have to see about that.

in case you hadn't guessed, i am in Australia, Queensland specifically, I am technical editor for a magazine group, which measn test driving lots of different things, that keeps me in mischief.

I am keen on the Golf so my oldest son (now 13) can learn to drive properly before he is old enough to hit the streets.

kidaquarius

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
Dubs you say?

Oh yeah I'm into Dubs.

First car was a 1988 VW Golf.
Second car was a 1989 Jetta 16v Helios edition.
Third was was a 1991 GTI 16v.
Third car was a 1985 Jetta GL.
Forth car was a 1988 Scirocco 16v.
Fifth car was a 1994 Golf.
Sixth car was a 1990 Corrado g60 w/ a screw compressor.
Seventh car was a 1996 GTI which I supercharged.
Eighth car (and current) is a 2009 Golf 2.5l.

I've been into VWs my whole life actually.
I remember when I was a kid and I saw a Corrado for the first time and wanted one so bad!

Here's a picture of my current ride:
DSC01153.jpg

And here are some of my original rides in no particular order (pictures I had left in my photobucket anyway):
1010071349a.jpg

0930071309.jpg

1103071823.jpg

Golf.jpg

Gintok

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
I like the Polo and I know in Europe it's size is an advantage. Good build quality, decent safety for it's size, nice car. Not popular where I live though. The Golf is probably the most popular model in Australia from VW followed by either the Bora/Jetta (whatever they call it) sedan or Passat.

Locally, it's hard to find Golfs that are great value because you can often get others cars that are more featured and spacious for the money because they are manufactured here and depreciate quicker than a foreign made car. Anywho great car, if you ever find a spare Passat send it my way, diesel and auto only.