News Ducky One X keyboard first to use Cherry's innovative induction switches

Dementoss

Great
Oct 14, 2023
Those new Cherry switches are interesting and I would like to try the One X, just to see what it feels like but, the lack of an intermediate TKL version, rules out buying one.

Giroro

Splendid
Is the compact mechanical luxury keyboard trend even still relevant? I figure they would have gone the way of Fidget Spinners and giant overpriced Stanley mugs by now.
At least is looks like this one will come in a mostly full-sized option.

I'm still kicking around getting a new keyboard even though my original Shine still works well.

I like the concept of adjustable actuation, but that alone doesn't sell me on this being a great advantage over regular mechanical. For me these would have to match what can be done with the Wooting keyboards with regards to the analog input mimicking an analog stick to really be worthwhile. Unfortunately not every hall effect implementation has had this capability so unless it's confirmed by the company or the out testing not something that should be assumed.

Findecanor

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2015
BTW. Cherry had a press release announcing these switches only yesterday. There is more info about these switches in this article than in that press release though.

However... The press release also mentioned new Cherry MX Silent Clear and Cherry MX Low Profile Clear switch types.
I've been wanting those two types for a long time. (even though counterparts of the first one have existed for a long time from other manufacturers).
I'll just hope that they'll feel good in reality and not have too many quirks.

TRENDING THREADS