[SOLVED] duct tape the q300l holes?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Choplol

Commendable
Aug 31, 2019
Hi guys, i have a q300l and have some temp issues. i have 2 120 mm fans in front (intake) and 1 rear exhaust plus top rear exhaust 120 mm (both noctua).

but the temps rise still to 70-76 while gaming. especially the gpu. so i was thinking if it would help, if i just duct tape all the holes in front, top and bottom and only leave the fan holes open?

alternatively, i could cut out holes or drill more holes? (which i would not prefer)

my system: Ryzen 2600, 1070

Solution
Ok thank you for your answer and the warm welcome. maybe i can work around if i add/reduce the amount of fans i have and try some other exhaust or intake constellations. weird thing is, after i added 1 noctua fan at front on the lowest position, the gpu temps were getting higher. really weird!

i will try 2 fans top exhaust, 1 rear exhaust, 2 top intake.... i will see how it will work out.
Once again, if you are reaching top temperatures of around 75 degrees, you don't NEED to change anything.
The throttle temperature of the 2600 is around 91 degrees.
And keeping the CPU below around 85 is perfectly safe and it is made to endure as such.

Personally, I wouldn't go changing anything unless you need to, and based on what you've...