duel processor

G

The people here are most helpful. They answered my questions about Dual Processing. Why not ask them what you are looking into?

G

Try www.2cpu.com and read some of the articles at www.viatech.com.

"Cock-a-doodle-do" is what I say to my girl when I wake her UP in the morning!!

G

I have found that the people here are as smart as they come.

mpjesse

Splendid
Setting up dual processors is really no different from setting up a single processor. It's easy. The only key is that you've got to have WinNT, 2000, or pretty much any version of Linux for it to work. You'll find most dual boards come with SCSI- which can be a pain. Umm... but other than that, it's easy. Check out <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com</A>, he has a couple good articles on dual processors (P3's).

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you need to have Win NT or 2000 or linux (kernel compiled for multiprocessing, a good dual processor motherboard and two or more processors which must be of same speed and stepping. thats it.

right now there is no multiprocessing AMD platform (if you wait for a while you mightlay your hands on AMD 760MP for two or more Athlon processors), but you can get dual processor boards pretty cheap these days, those come without scsi like Asus CUV4X-D or MSI 694D (both VIA VT82694 chipset) or Asus CUR-DLS (ServerWorks LE chipset with onboard LAN and SCSI) or Supermicro P6DBE (BX chipset, Slot 1, 100 MHz FSB) or 370DLE (ServerWorks LE chipset without onboard SCSI with socket370 and 133 MHz FSB)

take your pick.

rest is, as jesse says, no different from single processor stuff. even the chassis looks the same.

girish

<font color=blue>die-hard fans don't have heat-sinks!</font color=blue>

munkey

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
actually they don't have to have the same stepping. i have an old HP Vectra VE running a socket 5 pentium 133, and a socket 7 pentium i133(mmx). under win2k with a scsi seagate 2gig hdd, scsi cd, generic fdd and a 1gig IDE hdd. no problems yet. but i don't try to push it much beyond running seti and suring the net.

i'll post a WCPUID screenshot when i get home, at work right now.

is this reality... i thought it would more realistic.

Latest posts