Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowgoer1998

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009
Is it true that it may finally be time to kick @$$ and chew bubble gum again???

I just hope all this build up does not lead to lack-luster gameplay

liquidchild

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Wouldn't it be cool if this game was super bad ass? I mean after 10 years in the making...it just came out and rocked. I hope it does, but I'm not holding my breath.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]liquidchild[/nom]Wouldn't it be cool if this game was super bad ass? I mean after 10 years in the making...it just came out and rocked. I hope it does, but I'm not holding my breath.[/citation]

Exactly.

As to the article, who buys this collector's crap? I will d/l it from steam and be perfectly happy if the game is good. Spend $99 on a game that might suck? I still can't understand how people go crazy over little kiddie stuff. "Hooray, I got DNF paper clip! Wanna trade for a Stawberry Shortcake doll?"

lsc

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
After waiting for so long, my expectations of the game might be too high to end up liking it. But this special edition package is so comical that I think I might get it just for the sillyness of it!

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
[citation][nom]alienzander76[/nom]My prayers have been answered. Thank you[/citation]

This could be the funniest thing I've seen on Tom's Hardware.

alienzander76

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
Yeah, I watched a movie of the gameplay awhile back and it looked like serious Sam with next gen graphics. Oh well, most of the good-ole memories I had with Duke 3d was playing with a friend over dial-up. If they can recreate the multiplayer fun like that then it will be good. I can't wait to see the reviews.

zerapio

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
[citation][nom]trialsking[/nom]Exactly.As to the article, who buys this collector's crap? I will d/l it from steam and be perfectly happy if the game is good. Spend $99 on a game that might suck? I still can't understand how people go crazy over little kiddie stuff. "Hooray, I got DNF paper clip! Wanna trade for a Stawberry Shortcake doll?"[/citation]
Hey, if you can trade it up to a Porsche the that's not such a bad deal ;)

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
I would like to be a nerd about this and say i would buy a collector's edition but, if it sucks, then i got suckered into buying $99 of crap.

alienzander76

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
The thing I've always like about the Duke franchise is, that when you geek out to peeps and start talking about it, you don't get ridiculed as much. If you start a conversation about Gears of War and it's like "So's I's was's takin my chainsaw's to this's aliens's neck..." Everyone's like "NERD". But if you say "So I threw money at a stripper, then after killing the boss, I tore off his head and sat down on his neck to read the paper and pinch a duece", everyon'e jaws drop. It's good times

thecripp

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011
[citation][nom]fracture[/nom]Oh snap, you got a Strawberry Shortcake doll? I'll trade you my Rainbow Brite doll for it.[/citation]
OMG Rainbow Brite is my favorite!!!!

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]jfby[/nom]This could be the funniest thing I've seen on Tom's Hardware.[/citation]
Oh come on this kind of crap (no pun intended) has probably been done numerous times in some random college fraternity house. LOL

...not speaking from personal experience, of course. :D

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
The thing about Duke Nukem I liked most was the sick sense of humor & multiplayer mayhem. I didn't care about all those aliens. If you could could do humiliation in multiplayer, the way only Duke Nukem can. Taking a leak, writing things with turd. It's not politically correct, & might even get parents upset, but Babie is an object & Disney made Britney, Justin, Miley...

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]trialsking[/nom]Exactly.As to the article, who buys this collector's crap? I will d/l it from steam and be perfectly happy if the game is good. Spend $99 on a game that might suck? I still can't understand how people go crazy over little kiddie stuff. "Hooray, I got DNF paper clip! Wanna trade for a Stawberry Shortcake doll?"[/citation]
I usually don't pre-order special editions of games, but caved for Civilization 5, and that game was extremely disappointing to me.

This actually looks like a good deal, unless the bust is made of styrofoam or something.

G

YEAH! Super hardcore Duke Nukem Foldable Paper Craft. HARDCORE MUHFUH!

The game should come with:

A set of knuckle dusters;
A dictionary of known swear words;
A cigar.

Users should also get a free crew cut and colour.

Scars optional.

Chuck Norris needs to be in the opening movie ... :)

nodeffect

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
I can't wait to play this game, I started to play this when I was a little kid and found out that I can give 1 dollar bill to the strippers and they would show me their boobs. Then my aunt found out and ask me to stop playing, but I didn't, cuz it was too much fun... Hope this one will be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.