Duke Nukem Forever Not Dead? (Yes, This Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

footsoldier

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
Give me 10 in-game screenshots, and at least 1 gameplay video so I will stop believing that this game takes forever to release.

anon6

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2007
Does anyone see a similarity between DNF and religious beliefs about the imminent arrival of some supernatural phenomena or some looming end of the world scenario?

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I might have to load up my copy of Duke Nukem 3D hmmm probably Dosbox would be best lol might as well pop in Shadow Warrior too while I am at it.

Could be worse things to play.

About DNF.... I honestly hope it comes out, that way it will be over for good or for bad just let it end... lol

randomizer

Champion
"No, no, don’t be disappointed, read between the lines… why am I not allowed to talk about it?"

Because there's nothing to say other than some not-so-subtle hint that it may still be in development, something that we've known for over a decade anyway. Being in development doesn't mean its ever going to be finished, or that it's even been started. It just hasn't been canned.

They cannot talk about a game they Did Not Finish.

mirkos

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
articles about DNF start to make me feel like the question "Does it play crysis?"

They shouldn't be published unless the game is ready and there is a demo available.

dingumf

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
[citation][nom]footsoldier[/nom]Give me 10 in-game screenshots, and at least 1 gameplay video so I will stop believing that this game takes forever to release.[/citation]

They've given tons of footage and screens of Duke Nukem Forever over the years kid.

Probably you were still playing Pokemans.

BartG

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
I struggle to understand how something that takes so long to create, can be up to date on release, It might just be a big o`l knob tease. I have good memories from the old game, so secretly I hope it comes out and is awesome!

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
The reason it is taking so long has got to be some kind of "Howard Hughes" style nervous tick. They develop an engine and start working, get half way through and they some other game comes out with a better engine. They do a bit of "Rain Man" head smacking and go back to the drawing board.

Someone needs to remind them it doesn't matter if the game engine isn't the hottest-shit ever, as Crysis will testify it is sometimes a double-edged sword.

whiz

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
DN3D 4 E4ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]illegalmonkey[/nom]Does anyone honestly give two sh!ts about this game? There's a 99% chance it would bomb anyway.[/citation]
OK, we won't bother then... NOT!!!

theubersmurf

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
It's now a joke, perpetrated by the members of 3d realms, They're just going to do this forever, give us hints and try to tease us with a game more than a decade in the making, that is why it's called "Duke Nukem Forever".

Malevol3nt

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
I think they're just waiting for 2012, hoping that the apocalypse will make us forget the promise of DNF.

On the other hand, maybe Duke will save us all from the alien invasion in 2k12. That would be totally bad-ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.