Duke Nukem Forever: Possibly Close to Completion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreasconse

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
71 more? So another 2 years?
And what happens when they have to rewrite the graphics engine again?
Or did they rent the Cryengine so that it will never be able to run at highest settings?

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
Oh god, oh god!! Forever is coming.

Er. Well, we all live up to see if we live forever, but I really don't think DKF will live up to the hype we had going since forever (I hear that story every year or so, so I'm not really expecting the game).

JimmiG

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
The game will never be completed. Every time they get anywhere near completion, the engine they used has become so outdated that they need to switch and start over. They'll also need to replace all the original 256x256 16bit textures designed for the Voodoo2 with new, high resolution ones, redo all the 100-polygon models and update all the other artwork.

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
After this long it better end up game of the year for 5 years straight if it actually releases. It was an amazing game i loved it more than anything. I bet they actually release it within a year. If so i will be the first to buy it.

Time to kick ass and chew bubble gum and im all outta gum

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
If there is only one thing certain in this chaotic world we live in its don't bet on Duke. I will not believe anything said about the development of this game until its on a store shelf and even then I will have to rub my eyes to make sure I am not hallucinating and pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Hmmm... if they originally had 900 tasks and now only have 71 tasks left then that means they've accomplished 829 tasks since development started. Lets assume that development started in April 1997 when it was first announced. That's 829 tasks in 12 years. So 69.1 tasks per year. So, if they carry on at the rate they've been going, they could release maybe Summer 2010. :p

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
The useless facebook crap is enough for me, so no twitter account and I wish this site will go down.

But I dont think the game engine is compatible with vista, maybe on XP with the 98SE compatibility enabled.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
lol this is taken from the site...
http://www.3drealms.com/duke4/

"" The release date of this game is "When it's done". Anything else, and we mean anything else is someone's speculation. There is no date. We don't know any date. If you have a friend who claims they have "inside info", or there's some game news site, or some computer store at the mall who claims they know - they do not. They are making it up. There is no date. Period. ""

wikiwikiwhat

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]lol this is taken from the site...http://www.3drealms.com/duke4/"" The release date of this game is "When it's done". Anything else, and we mean anything else is someone's speculation. There is no date. We don't know any date. If you have a friend who claims they have "inside info", or there's some game news site, or some computer store at the mall who claims they know - they do not. They are making it up. There is no date. Period. ""[/citation]

That is too awesome. Seriously though, why has it been so long. I have a theory. Gameplay mechanics, thats what was so special about Duke in the first place. Once they have that setup they just plug it into a game engine (take your pick, crytek, epic, id). This game better have some freakin' awesome MP though.

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]I don't even know what to take from this one...[/citation]

Take it from me...it's meant in good taste, nothing more than a compliment about you and Tom's although still a little miffed about "Second Take" boys.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]waikano[/nom]Take it from me...it's meant in good taste, nothing more than a compliment about you and Tom's although still a little miffed about "Second Take" boys.[/citation]

Thanks. :) I wasn't sure. Many readers are against author opinions in the news. After hearing 'no one cares what you think' 100 times over, you get a little paranoid when someone says something that sounds like it might be bordering on nice. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.