Duke Nukem Forever Specs Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
steam>windows live

but i can see how this will tick some people off, Steam is really becoming a juggernaut, with the likes of Civ V and Duke coming third party to steam exclusively. I'm a Steam fanboy, but if I wasn't I'd probably be annoyed.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Direct2drive.com has the same games as steam. Sure, they're not discounted as much sometimes, but that's walmart...I mean Steam for ya.

So ah...anyone else not surprised that a 3 -cough- 5 -cough- 7 year old game requires such minimal hardware to play? I'm positive it will be good, but you know there are going to be people complaining that it doesn't have cutting-edge graphics...which we all KNOW makes the game more than the gameplay.

G

This rules me out, I will never install Steam not even for activation of a game!

There is enough games out there that do not require all this crappy DRM and Steam punk!

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Maybe the GFX will be better then COD: Black Ops. This would mean that Gearbox have a really talented group who know how to optimize programming ;-)

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Those are quite low required specs even for the recommended. What engine is the game running on?

*edit* Wow Stardude posted the answer literally as I was typing this! ESP FTW!

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]moricon[/nom]This rules me out, I will never install Steam not even for activation of a game!There is enough games out there that do not require all this crappy DRM and Steam punk![/citation]
Have you ever even used steam? I'm not usually a fan of download services, but I love using steam... It's not as bad as you'd think. Their sales can be pretty darned impressive at times, too. :)

Cash091

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
I was never really expecting this game to be resource heavy. I'd rather see something like a demo released than some specs that I already somewhat knew! MISRy, you should have told your wife you needed something closer to the 5850! I'm trying to convince my wife that I NEED a new 2500 i5! Lol!

Huh? These are in line with modern specs. The recommended for duke are identical to the minimum for crysis 2. Which, BTW, are the same as the recommended for crysis 1. Heck, the minimum for duke is more than for Black ops or BFBC2. I don't understand why everyone is saying these requirements are low.
Article:
Heck, for that matter, the recommended specs aren't all that beefy either...
I'd consider these recommended requirements to be "second level". The highest recommended I have seen is a radeon 4870/GTX260 and that's Metro 2033, one of the most intensive games on the market. Other games I have seen have recommended this 3850 as recommended. Most modern games still have lower cards for their "recommended" though.

Awesome ... can't wait.

Reinstalled DN3D just for the nostalgia ... the graphics made me a bit woozy though it was a nice trip down memory lane.

Steam is a good vehicle for games ... we like it.

:)

G

Requires steam, I'll wait for a non STEAM version or just pass it up for 10 years until it goes to GOG DRM free

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Prediction: This will be the new Halo.

I said that a few months ago. With these system requirements, I think this solidifies this.

No Dx11 support, though? Fail. It doesn't appear to have it based on the recommended system requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.