warbelsnap

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001
Just got done finishing up a system for my daughter. Everything WAS working fine, until today! For some reason the CD-rom "operation" light stays on waaaay too long for what Im used to seeing. After a short while it will go out (approx. 1 1/2 min.) then just a few seconds later it comes back on. I dont think the cd-rom is actually running inside. If it is its the quietest cd-rom in computer history. The system is a older design of a 440BX board, 433 celery, 128 meg of pc100 micron, and the cd-rom is a creative labs 48x. I do remember seeing many months ago a post about individuals having troubles with creative labs 48x cd-roms with abit and asus boards. This MB is a off brand made by BCM. And just to pass on further info I made sure that the system wasnt being tasked to perform any apps, or open any folders or files. I just sat there and watched this pertty little green light come on and go off. Thanks for any help

One last thing, I checked and re-checked the cable strip, its connected right!

Warb-the-Snapped<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by warbelsnap on 11/01/01 00:31 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I'm not sure if this is the case with this drive, but some drives have their lights on whenever there's a CD inside.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

G

I have had simular problems. I have my receiver, cd player, tape player,vcr and monitor plugged into the same battery backup. The problem with my DVD drive is when I power up everything it runs and runs and I can't us it. I have to reboot to get the DVD drive running again. So I suggest checking to see that nothing extra is turned on at the same time.

Wake up and smell the coffee! P.S. but not too early in the Morning!

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
There's a good chance you have the IDE cable backwards. Turn one side around.

If that ain't it, it's either under powered or just bad.

Rich is the nation that has many war heroes. Long since forgotten...

TRENDING THREADS