Question Dumb question : Cpu fan touching the first ram stick

May 3, 2020
Hello so I have a Dark Rock 4 be quiet, and 4 sticks of Trident Z neo, and the plastic part of the fan is touching the first ram stick, is that an issue ? It's mounted in the highest position possible, I can't make it higher. PC boot normally

Thanks

https://ibb.co/gJkVcSg

Jay_dog

Prominent
Apr 14, 2020
Hello so I have a Dark Rock 4 be quiet, and 4 sticks of Trident Z neo, and the plastic part of the fan is touching the first ram stick, is that an issue ? It's mounted in the highest position possible, I can't make it higher. PC boot normally
I assume its just touching the heat spreader on the RAM. That shouldn't be an issue you are good. Just as long as its not bending the RAM in any such way. Make sure your CPU cooler is seated evenly.

Reactions: liwa
May 3, 2020
Ok thanks, cpu seated well and evenly, and it's not bending the ram, I mean it doesn't look like that's the case

2020 and we are still having 1990 type problems haha manufacturer should really make motherboard adjustments

Reactions: refillable
I would actually not have it touch if possible. Ram sockets aren't designed for the constant vibrations that the fan would be sending down to them. Eventually you might have ram issues.

Depending on how much is rubbing, you might be able to just make some adjustments on the fan mount and move it up a hair.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
Ok thanks, cpu seated well and evenly, and it's not bending the ram, I mean it doesn't look like that's the case

2020 and we are still having 1990 type problems haha manufacturer should really make motherboard adjustments
They did. Its called making RAM without the flashy "heat spreader' that has not been needed for years.
Clearance problem solved.

Reactions: SamirD

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS