Dumb question... Sims 2 Legacy?

Erica wrote:

> Ok, I've got a dumb question for ya. What is this Sims 2 legacy thing that
> I keep hearing about? Or is that just something that people call their
> neighborhoods?

It's one of the challenges over on TSR. Here's the thread- I read it for
the stories. I love my hacks too much to play a pure legacy.

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/forumdisplay.php?f=512

-georg

"Erica" <webgirlREMOVE@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Ok, I've got a dumb question for ya. What is this Sims 2 legacy thing
> that I keep hearing about? Or is that just something that people call
> their neighborhoods?

It's a set of rules and a scoring system. You can't use any hacks or cheats
during the Legacy Challenge. You start with a single, CAS created Sim of any
gender and appearance and put them on the largest available lot (this leaves
your Sim with next to nothing for building or furnishing their home).
Marrying only the NPCs and townies in the game, you try to reach the tenth
generation of the family. You can't move them off the original lot (unless
the game becomes so bugged that you have no choice), and you get points for
things like platinum headstones, net worth, a full set of ghosts (one for
each colour/fate), alien children, and more. You lose points for trapping
the ghosts so they can't bother the family, visitors dying on the lot,
visits from the shrink, interbreeding. The challenge was invented by
Pinstar1161 on the BBS on the official site. The original rules are at
http://www.mainecoon.net/~trouble6528/legacychallenge.htm. There's a
modified version for those who have University, try
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&openItemID=&threadID=44f6041de6e2234c4ddeb78eb1567736&directoryID=22&startRow=1#2650f3cc25ad329b4148acf83aeace4f
or if that breaks, http://www.atforumz.com/showthread.php?t=261561

"Whogus the Whatsler" <who@what.sler> wrote
> "Erica" <webgirlREMOVE@earthlink.net> wrote
>> Ok, I've got a dumb question for ya. What is this Sims 2 legacy thing
>> that I keep hearing about? Or is that just something that people call
>> their neighborhoods?
>>

> It's a set of rules and a scoring system. You can't use any hacks or
> cheats during the Legacy Challenge. You start with a single, CAS created
> Sim of any gender and appearance and put them on the largest available lot
> (this leaves your Sim with next to nothing for building or furnishing
> their home). Marrying only the NPCs and townies in the game, you try to
> reach the tenth generation of the family. You can't move them off the
> original lot (unless the game becomes so bugged that you have no choice),
> and you get points for things like platinum headstones, net worth, a full
> set of ghosts (one for each colour/fate), alien children, and more. You
> lose points for trapping the ghosts so they can't bother the family,
> visitors dying on the lot, visits from the shrink, interbreeding. The
> challenge was invented by Pinstar1161 on the BBS on the official site. The
> original rules are at
> http://www.mainecoon.net/~trouble6528/legacychallenge.htm. There's a
> modified version for those who have University, try
> http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&openItemID=&threadID=44f6041de6e2234c4ddeb78eb1567736&directoryID=22&startRow=1#2650f3cc25ad329b4148acf83aeace4f >
> or if that breaks, http://www.atforumz.com/showthread.php?t=261561

Ahhhh... ok thanks! That's exactly what I was asking, and very helpful.
Thank you very much!

--
Erica
http://home.earthlink.net/~webgirl

"georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote
> Erica wrote:
>
>> Ok, I've got a dumb question for ya. What is this Sims 2 legacy thing
>> that I keep hearing about? Or is that just something that people call
>> their neighborhoods?
>>

> It's one of the challenges over on TSR. Here's the thread- I read it for
> the stories. I love my hacks too much to play a pure legacy.
>
> http://forums.thesimsresource.com/forumdisplay.php?f=512

Thanks.

--
Erica