bolo

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
I have a a plextor 12 speed CDR drive, an ibm HD and a DVD Drive. I have been trying to put the DVD as a slave on the primary IDE channel with the HD as the primary but it doesnt like it. When everything is connected the HD is not detected i just have the DVD drive as 1st slave and the CDRW as 2nd master. the HD just disappears. When i disconnect the DVD it comes back again. Anyone got any ideas what i can do to get the DVD as a 1st slave?

G

Check your jumper settings as already mentioned, do you have the master on the end of the ribbon/cable? I found that placing the optical reader/s on the 2nd IDE channel and then setting the optical drive most commonly used as master(end of ribbon with jumpers set) works the best.
Most drives without the jumper defaults as master anyway, and leave the Primrary master all on it's lonesome if possible!

<font color=orange>Beam</font color=orange><font color=red> me</font color=red><font color=green> up</font color=green><font color=blue> Scotty</font color=blue> :wink:

bolo

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
Hi yeah the jumpers are all correct. THe problem is that i want to copy on the fly, and when both CD drives are on the same channel i can only copy on the fly at 8 speed. wanna copy at 12 speed. Thats what i paid for after all.

TRENDING THREADS