Question Dumbest series of events

Alvarez8314

Prominent
Mar 9, 2021
Hi Toms' Friend's,

In a predicament, my screen was cracked and can’t be used. I was using my other monitor but encountered an issue running games so I attempted to install windows 11 via usb. A DX issue or graphics card issue and figured windows 11 would be a good upgrade.

However, I was unable to set the bios to boot usb due to the cracked screen. It didn’t turn on the second monitor by default.

I watched a YouTube video on disconnecting the monitor cable from the motherboard which would put the new monitor as the primary. Which I did, but now my screen is black,

I had a windows 11 bootable usb plugged in and somehow installed it using text to speech accessibility. It was a miracle, however, when on the windows 11 desktop I attempted to install the sager drivers for NP7877PQ. It said windows 10 but figured it would be ok. The first driver was intel rapid storage (Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver for Windows 10 64 BIT) which in retrospect was a bonehead move because now when I restarted the screen is black again, I don’t have the text to speech option and I can’t access anything.

Is there a feasible solution to fix without sending this in?

Thank you very much!

Delilah

Hi Toms' Friend's,

In a predicament, my screen was cracked and can’t be used. I was using my other monitor but encountered an issue running games so I attempted to install windows 11 via usb. A DX issue or graphics card issue and figured windows 11 would be a good upgrade.

However, I was unable to set the bios to boot usb due to the cracked screen. It didn’t turn on the second monitor by default.

I watched a YouTube video on disconnecting the monitor cable from the motherboard which would put the new monitor as the primary. Which I did, but now my screen is black,

I had a windows 11 bootable usb plugged in and somehow installed it using text to speech accessibility. It was a miracle, however, when on the windows 11 desktop I attempted to install the sager drivers for NP7877PQ. It said windows 10 but figured it would be ok. The first driver was intel rapid storage (Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver for Windows 10 64 BIT) which in retrospect was a bonehead move because now when I restarted the screen is black again, I don’t have the text to speech option and I can’t access anything.

Is there a feasible solution to fix without sending this in?

Thank you very much!

Delilah
Does your laptop have one of those options where you stick the end of a paperclip into a hole and press it for 10 seconds to totally reset it? If you could just use that to boot into the bios you could boot a Windows 10 installer and delete everything on the drive. Or if you have essential files on your drive that you need to rescue could you remove the drive and hook it up to another computer as a data drive or via usb and retrieve those files before wiping everything off. Or if you can't remove your drive could resetting the laptop get you to the point where you can boot a usb containing a linux distro and use its file manager to rescue your essential files?

Alvarez8314

Prominent
Mar 9, 2021
Does your laptop have one of those options where you stick the end of a paperclip into a hole and press it for 10 seconds to totally reset it? If you could just use that to boot into the bios you could boot a Windows 10 installer and delete everything on the drive. Or if you have essential files on your drive that you need to rescue could you remove the drive and hook it up to another computer as a data drive or via usb and retrieve those files before wiping everything off. Or if you can't remove your drive could resetting the laptop get you to the point where you can boot a usb containing a linux distro and use its file manager to rescue your essential files?

Thank you guys, quick update, Sager says I have no choice but to send it in and spend $500 for new monitor plus labor for a laptop that is $1200. The tech mentioned that since I updated from Windows 10 to 11 and deleted "Windows.old" I no longer have the drivers to reference the secondary monitor. I will look for a spot to use a paperclip for a reset, that would be awesome. I dont have any essential files, it was a clean install of windows 11 and caught in between operating systems and a cracked screen, if anyone has experienced something similar and found a feasible solution I would greatly appreciate it!!

Ralston18

Titan
Reference: "however, when on the windows 11 desktop I attempted to install the sager drivers for NP7877PQ. " [My underline.]

Not sure about how a "desktop" is involved: did you mean "laptop". Or something else?

= = = =

This laptop?

https://www.amazon.com/Sager-NP7880P-Gaming-Laptop-i7-12700H/dp/B09WWSZ1KH

Any warranty left? What coverage, if any, was there on the laptop?

What is (was) your normal display configuration? Laptop screen primary, connected monitor secondary? Desktop with two monitors?

Make and model monitors? If there are specific drivers for the monitors the drivers should be available via the applicable manufacturer's website.

You do not need Windows.old for the drivers.

FYI:

https://www.sagernotebook.com/drivers.php

https://www.sagernotebook.com/drivers.php?cat=601

And the the default Windows monitor drivers will likely work for the existing monitor(s). Maybe not with all features and functions but at least enough to allow you to obtain the specific monitor drivers.

$500 for a new monitor: make, model, size, and from whom?

Clarify: the laptop cost $1,200 or the labor cost to repair is going to be $1,200?

The Amazon link lists the laptop at $1,478. I found another listed price for the laptop at $1,369.

Wondering a bit about what the tech is telling you.....