Dungeon Siege 3 Dev Promises to Fix PC Controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

hachem

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
this is more a pr paper than an interview. a golden opportunity for the developer to sell his image and make us forget a lousy game.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
from what i read, this game is crap to begin with, the saveing feature, multiplayer is horribly botched...

though i would get it for 5-10$ (as i can get better games for about that price, or free) but that would only be for single player, as multiplayer is worthless in this game.

honestly, they should just release the source code and let the fans fix what they made.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
[citation][nom]bebangs[/nom]same issue with crysis2.console-oriented games = boring pc game.[/citation]

I'd like to agree, but this doesn't even compare to Crysis 2. There are just so many, many issues with it that it's just a mediocre production in general. At least that's what I think.

Of course, I'm more of a guy that enjoys playing The Witcher 2 over and over again, instead of things like Dungeon Siege 3 where the characters all look like they're about twelve years old... Oh well... that game's certainly one of a kind, I'll tell you that much. One of the greatest things I've ever played. /Off Topic

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
It figures doesn't it? A decent franchise goes down the toilet the moment its shared with the consoles as well. This is why PC gaming and console gaming needs to remain separate.

G

I hope they update the demo after the fix. Tried playing the PC demo but the control scheme was so terrible I quit 2min into it.

G

[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Insert the USB end of your xbox 360 controller into your PC. Tada, its fixed![/citation]

My Xbox controller doesnt have a usb end what do I do?

DawnTreader

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009
you mean people actually bought the game? when i saw that this wasn't being made by GPG and read the synopsis and tried the demo i realized that this game would be crap.

Godlover1133

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
I've been playing Dungeon Siege since it was a $10 budget game I bought at the check-out of Wal-mart. Both 1 and 2 were amazing games. But this newest, console based version absolutely sucks. It is so restricted and dumbed down from the originals it makes me sick. Not even worth trying if you have played the previous ones.

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]I hope they update the demo after the fix. Tried playing the PC demo but the control scheme was so terrible I quit 2min into it.[/citation]
Almost the same for me, after less than 2min into the demo I switched to xbox controller.
But I still found the story very generic, not to say boring. May be it gets more interesting in the full game.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Insert the USB end of your xbox 360 controller into your PC. Tada, its fixed![/citation]
Thats what Microsuck wants us to do and be good little lemmings, FU MS and Obsidian for being their bitch.

Ogdin

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
Obsidian should just stop all development on the title.They already butchered the IP,all they are doing now is polishing a turd.

jmvanderleeuw

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
After getting burned too many times I instituted a strict "try it before you buy it" policy. Thank God I did.

I downloaded the demo from steam and OMFG what a stinking pile of crap this game is on the PC!!! The controls are not "okay" they are a complete disaster! Every aspect of navigation and interaction is hobbled and castrated by the console experience - the view angles, the controls, the menus, the dialogue choices... it is truly abysmal.

I bought and played to death all of the previous DungeonSiege games - loved the co-op play and was planning to pick up 6 copies for my group of friends to play co-op... but this game is such a ridiculously pathetic, poorly done console port that I strongly urge anyone and everyone to stay far clear of it. I regret wasting the Gigs on the download.

I would not even play this game if someone else gave me a copy for free!

michalmierzwa

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Its not even all about the controls. If you remember the character menu and diff level ups, spells and stats... they are all messed up and consolized. WTF? and I waited to bloody long for crap to come out. I'd hate to think DIABLO 3 might feel similar, coz if it does... count me out

CTT

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
I might be the only one that thinks the game is ok, maybe even decent if they fixed the controls and menu/inventory issues. Its not a real departure from the previous games either, an on-rails hacker; I actually think they've done well at adding more "content" to be hacked through.

For comparisons sake, since I own boxed copies of the previous two and played through them both before I got started on 3, 2's controls were somewhat bad also.

Status
Not open for further replies.