Dungeon Siege 3 Dev Promises to Fix PC Controls

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Game is getting hugely bad reviews from guys I know who've played it. Basic conclusion is that it's now console trash. I'm not going to bother.

vvildcard

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
I played the demo for about 15 minutes before my wife interrupted me for dinner. I was happy to stop and haven't been tempted to pick it up since. Thank god for demos... I may have actually wasted $50 (or more?) on it.

G

Fix the camera!! Period!!
Bad controls, Bad camera viewing angles, dated graphics, forgettable storyline, short campaign and lack of the PC-save system (instead forced to use the console kind save system) makes this game worth about 20$!! Either bring the price down or fix all these annoyances!! 50$ for DS3 on PC is a rip-off!!

dola74

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
I been playing it now for about 2 days and all I can say is Wow how damn pathetic to take a great name and destroy it. The loot system could be so much better & the controls are total douche job 8( the interface is also clunky 8( This is a PC game originally that's what they should have done first PC then dumb it down for consoles.

All they had to do was make an exact copy of DS2 with upgraded graphics and game play with same style of loots and it would have been GREAT.

Pixy

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2008
just finished this game already..., overall this game need to fix the control..., really this is annoying since "A" and "D" button is going to rotate and not strife like the usual games that I was playing before..., and the result from that..., I'm always like a dumb when fighting some big bosses and thinking "why is my character is not rolling to the left/right?" for a seconds... and after that... I'm dead... oh well... XD

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I hate games without user configurable controls and/or graphics and sound options. I never use WASD and being forced into it almost always results in painful missteps during play.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
The gamespot review said that coop players can't keep the loot they gain while in a coop game. That makes playing coop pretty pointless. Maybe they should fix that while fixing the PC controls. I might play it with the wife then.

G

okay, Ive played it for about 4 hours now. this is NOT a Dungeon Siege game....This is not an RPG game, this is not a PC game. Where's my game? all the things that made the original fun are completely stripped out. I cant even point and click at a specific enemy. I am totally shocked that somebody, somewhere thought that doing this to the game was actually a good idea....

G

Yep started playing my brothers DS3 and I would have to say it's the worst interface I have ever seen in a game, no rag doll, the comparison of gear is shocking, the way a store works is the worst ive ever seen. The first diablo was light years ahead of this. Console's are killing good games. Thank God I didn't waste money and go out and buy it.

G

If you play this game as an RPG and not "another dungeon siege game" it's one of the most enjoyable experiences you can have. Control scheme is lame, but you can quickly adapt if you're a gamer. Co-op is sadly not worth your time, but the single player experience is fantastic. As someone who has played through the game it is obvious many of the complaints are from people who barely started the game, or just played the demo.

The combat is incredibly fun. It easily defeats that of any ARPG I've played. The quests and story are engaging and interesting, and by the end you're tied in to what's going to happen. The decisions you make in the game do in fact change the ending.

It's not perfect, and it has flaws. However I don't believe this game deserves the bashing that it has received. When taken as a single player, one-run-through ARPG it is truly an epic, engaging experience with edge-of-your-seat combat and a story you don't want to end.

G

I have finished the game in 11 hours, doing all the side quests.
Yes, I would have liked to be able to change the controls. I would have liked to create my own character. Graphics seems to be a bit bad
(just minor direct draw errors).
The story was not bad at all. The inventory system was not as good as it should have been.
You can only have 1 companion in your party at a time - on easy mode,I've just started normal.

The skill system is terrible. There are just no good skills in the game,
and you really don't know what half of them are really doing.
Side quest wise the game is actually the same compared to Dungeon siege 1. Dungeon Siege 2 had many more side quests. The world is way too small for a DS game.
Good thing - The game did not crash once! Unlike the stupid Dragon age 2 or Witcher 2.
I Rather enjoyed the game, but the length of it makes me think that I've bought a DLC instead of a full game.

I must admit I'd rather have the steam version of any game these days, because you don't want to have the GFW Life/ UbiSoft / EA problemetic protection. My Bioshock 2 Save games just vanished after Updating GFW.
And my Bulletstorm just won't keep it's setting.

I understand the companies tries to give us something different, but in changing the games so much, they lose the main idea of the game. Look at Dragon Age 2 - The lost most of their followers by doing this. I believe that te same is going to happen here.

FlatFoot

G

Honestly the moaning is stupid, in 6 months when the game gets patched, has DLC and is cheaper people will be raving about it. It is NOT a crap game, it is a mediocre one which will be patched to make it a good game. To completely dismiss this game, because "OMFG conosle p0rt lamezors" is short-sighted at best and ignorant at worst. People need to understand that studios have shut down and games are console only, because of the prevalence of PC piracy. This is not scare-mongering, this is fact. I, for one am grateful that Obsidian are going to the trouble of patching the game to fix the minor flaws. They could just say, "Damn, released a console Port, it got slated even though it got patched, made almost no profit with the PC format because it got pirated despite looking better on a PC and 30% cheaper than console. F£%& it, Let's make DS4 an XBOX exclusive."

The people who moan need to look long-term as they may just get what the asked for, nothing but indie games, MMO's and shovelware. Studios just won't bother making ports any more.

G

Going forward with games on the PC, I can't understand why companies don't look at the games that worked with controls, stories, and actions from the 1980's moving forward? Keep what works and the stuff that works well then work around that to create and invent something new. This mental note of "Oh, I got an idea, lets just try and re-invent the wheel" is not working at all. Learn from the mistakes of others and try not to take that same route. DS1 and DS2 were not even looked at when creating DS3 and that is a damn shame.

hallock

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
sucks sucks sucks!!!!!!!! honestly this DS3 is a load of crap. I love DS1 and 2 I finish then so many times I lost count. so sad not getting my money at all its best if they just tak it off the PC fi good

G

Just play it with an Xbox controller. The game is good and the controls are fine. It's actually funny, I get so ticked when they make a PC game that won't work with a controller (Dragon Age) and I have to buy the console version with lesser graphics, nice to finally see it the other way!

G

The camera view is so unbelievable horrid, i just cant stand the game, after 2 mins of play, i allready had enough, it became even worse when i tried co-op wich removes even the lil of camera control you had and makes this game even more horrid too play....

Frigging waste of money

smarine777

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
I adapted tothis game, because I like the stunning graphics, maybe not stellar, but fantastic nonetheless, amazing dynamic story and beautiful locations. If you hate the game that much, your a liar and just a spoiled child with no life, and prob. in detention so your just lashing out at a decent port. You should be ashamed those who are whining like babies. GEt over yourself, this is a decent game. I enjoyed DS1 and 2, and this one is different yes, but not so much different that it deserves your atrotious nonsense. I'll wait for patch and enjoy it even more. Take your childish rants and go elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.