[SOLVED] Duplicate installation?

Jakehx

Reputable
Mar 31, 2020
Hi all,

Recently built a new computer but kept my SSD and HDD. My SSD is about 250gb and I've installed Windows on that and everything in fine. All my games are installed on my HDD but it's starting become faulty.

I've today bought a new 1tb NVMe m.2 SSD in addition to my SSD and HDD.

Ideally I'd like to completely wipe the SSD and HDD and use these are backup storage devices and install a fresh copy of Windows 10 and reinstall my games on the m.2.

My question is: what is going to be the smartest way of approaching this? Can I install a fresh copy of Windows on the m.2 while the SSD and HDD are installed? Should they be disconnected and then a fresh install on the m.2?

I took a like at the installing windles guide but I don't have any USB sticks so I'm looking for other options.

Cheers

Solution
How are you going to install windows if you don't have a flash drive?

Anyways, if you are completely sure you don't need anything on the existing drives then using your win10 install media (dvd?) & having all the drives install on the Where to install Windows to screen you can select the old drives and delete all the existing partitions. (Sometimes you have to click the Drive Options link to see the old drives.) . Once they are deleted shut down the PC and remove the old drives. You always only want the drive you are installing windows to installed. Run windows install again.

popatim

Titan
How are you going to install windows if you don't have a flash drive?

Anyways, if you are completely sure you don't need anything on the existing drives then using your win10 install media (dvd?) & having all the drives install on the Where to install Windows to screen you can select the old drives and delete all the existing partitions. (Sometimes you have to click the Drive Options link to see the old drives.) . Once they are deleted shut down the PC and remove the old drives. You always only want the drive you are installing windows to installed. Run windows install again.

Solution