Question Duplicate screen problem

iam4ever

Reputable
Dec 18, 2017
Hello everyone,
i have this annoying problem:
I am trying to duplicate screen on laptop. Right now i am using windows 7 but before that i had the same problem with windows 10. Laptop model is - dell inspiron n5110. It has 2 GPU's - one integrated and other is Nvidia Geforce GT 525M. Laptop has 2 outputs for possible connection with other monitor or TV. One of this outputs is HDMI - connected to Nvidia card, and other is VGA - connected to integrated graphics. Laptop display is also connected to integrated graphics.
If i connect monitor to VGA output i can do all that - display on 1, duplicate, extend, display on 2 with no problems.
If i connect monitor to HDMI output i can do all except duplicate.

Laptop is about to be used in kinder garden and idea is to easily used by teacher there, so i had to find a way to use HDMI output because of the audio.
Right now i am out of ideas.
Thanks all in advance.

iam4ever

Reputable
Dec 18, 2017
hello,
when i try to duplicate, there is a little flickering on TV and then no signal, and on main display resolution decreases to 800x600.
I try with new drivers and that from Dell site. Funny thing is that if i delete all GPU drivers and then install the one from DELL site, when i connect second screen, windows automatically duplicate screen with no problem. But if i touch anything like ... pressing even once WinKey+P i cannot duplicate again unless i uninstall and reinstall drivers again.
Right now it is in the kinder garden and so far it is working, but i am not satisfied of solution :)