Durability...

Does this has any meaning anymore ? My hat got down to zero this
morning, but it doesnt seem to effect my resistance anything...

anyone knows ?

Thanx

/ZW

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:57:27 +0100, ZoombyWoof
<zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:

>Does this has any meaning anymore ? My hat got down to zero this
>morning, but it doesnt seem to effect my resistance anything...

AFAIK, items with durability will wear out now. Is there a way to repair
cloth items like hats? I don't know.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Michael Cecil wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:57:27 +0100, ZoombyWoof
> <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Does this has any meaning anymore ? My hat got down to zero this
>>morning, but it doesnt seem to effect my resistance anything...
>

> AFAIK, items with durability will wear out now. Is there a way to repair
> cloth items like hats? I don't know.

Well, my hat with zero (0/12) didnt wear out or disappear. I could
repair it with my tailor. Maybe they don't disappear until 0/0 ?

/ZW

Verily, it was written by ZoombyWoof <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com>:

> Well, my hat with zero (0/12) didnt wear out or disappear. I could
> repair it with my tailor. Maybe they don't disappear until 0/0 ?
>
> /ZW

Right. Every time you see something like "your equipment is severely
damaged," it means your item at 0 'health' is taking a durability hit.
At 0 item-health, every hit that would have otherwise taken its 'health'
down a notch, it instead drops the durability. At 0/0, it will be
destroyed irreparably.

Toothy Grin (2th E Grin) says, 'Have a Nice Day!' *****
Bill Glaholt **|*|**
http://www.theglaholts.net *.___.*
toothygrin & theglaholts d0t net <- replace & with @ *****

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, ZoombyWoof wrote:

> Does this has any meaning anymore ? My hat got down to zero this
> morning, but it doesnt seem to effect my resistance anything...
>
> anyone knows ?

When you are at 0/XXX dura, every time you would have lost durability, you
instead lose a point of max durability. Once you hit 0/0, your equipment
breaks. Oh, and the only way to increase the max durability of an item is
to use Powder of Fortification.

--
Paul W. Lints UIN:25030144
pwlints@deleteme.csupomona.edu

>> Does this has any meaning anymore ? My hat got down to zero this
>> morning, but it doesnt seem to effect my resistance anything...
>>
>> anyone knows ?
>>

> When you are at 0/XXX dura, every time you would have lost durability, you
> instead lose a point of max durability. Once you hit 0/0, your equipment
> breaks. Oh, and the only way to increase the max durability of an item is
> to use Powder of Fortification.

I've never used the powder before. Can you use it on leather goods as well
as metal? And when appling it, do you take the risk of breaking the item
like when you try to enhance a item with some other kind of metal or
leather?

Sticky_314

Verily, it was written by Sticky_314 <sticky_314@yahoo.com>:
> I've never used the powder before. Can you use it on leather goods as well
> as metal? And when appling it, do you take the risk of breaking the item
> like when you try to enhance a item with some other kind of metal or
> leather?

Not to my knowledge. I've successfully used it on weapons, armor,
and hats. And, I'm at 0 smithing - I've used it without failure of
any sort. I've noticed that each 'dose' increases durability by 10.

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Sticky_314 wrote:

> >> Does this has any meaning anymore ? My hat got down to zero this
> >> morning, but it doesnt seem to effect my resistance anything...
> >>
> >> anyone knows ?
> >>

> > When you are at 0/XXX dura, every time you would have lost durability, you
> > instead lose a point of max durability. Once you hit 0/0, your equipment
> > breaks. Oh, and the only way to increase the max durability of an item is
> > to use Powder of Fortification.
> >
> I've never used the powder before. Can you use it on leather goods as well
> as metal? And when appling it, do you take the risk of breaking the item
> like when you try to enhance a item with some other kind of metal or
> leather?

It works on anything with durability: Weapons, armor (metal and leather),
hatsm etc. There is no risk of breaking an item. Each charge of PoF adds
10/10 to the durability of the item, and there are 10 charges to a jar.
Last I checked, it had dropped from 100k a jar to 40k a jar...it has been
awhile since I sold it, though, so prices may have gone up or down since
then.

--

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Ghosty Twofish wrote:

> Also, note that it's much harder to repair items that have reached 0.
> Each failure to repair brings the max duribility down a point on the
> item. For metal items, its not so bad - use some powder of hardening to
> being the max back up. for cloth and leather, however, you'll slowly
> end up killing the item.

Quite awhile ago they changed Powder of Temperament to Powder of
Fortification; it now works on everything that you can equip that has
durability displayed.

--

Bill Glaholt rmv underscore wrote:

> Verily, it was written by ZoombyWoof
> <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com>:
>
> > Well, my hat with zero (0/12) didnt wear out or disappear. I could
> > repair it with my tailor. Maybe they don't disappear until 0/0 ?
> >
> > /ZW
>
> Right. Every time you see something like "your equipment is severely
> damaged," it means your item at 0 'health' is taking a durability hit.
> At 0 item-health, every hit that would have otherwise taken its
> 'health' down a notch, it instead drops the durability. At 0/0, it
> will be destroyed irreparably.
>

> Toothy Grin (2th E Grin) says, 'Have a Nice Day!' *****
> Bill Glaholt **|*|**
> http://www.theglaholts.net *.___.*
> toothygrin & theglaholts d0t net <- replace & with @ *****

Also, note that it's much harder to repair items that have reached 0.
Each failure to repair brings the max duribility down a point on the
item. For metal items, its not so bad - use some powder of hardening to
being the max back up. for cloth and leather, however, you'll slowly
end up killing the item.

~ Ghosty
I Awoke In Britannia! http://britannia.blogspot.com

Ice

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:53:25 GMT, "Ghosty Twofish"
<ghosty@gmail.com.deleteme> wrote:

>Also, note that it's much harder to repair items that have reached 0.
>Each failure to repair brings the max duribility down a point on the
>item. For metal items, its not so bad - use some powder of hardening to
>being the max back up. for cloth and leather, however, you'll slowly
>end up killing the item.

You can use the powder of fortification on ALL armor and even cloth.
I use it on my leather armor all the time. I have also used it on
cloth hats that have low durability.

Ice

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 11:33:39 -0600, Ice <nobody@noplace.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:53:25 GMT, "Ghosty Twofish"
><ghosty@gmail.com.deleteme> wrote:
>

>>Also, note that it's much harder to repair items that have reached 0.
>>Each failure to repair brings the max duribility down a point on the
>>item. For metal items, its not so bad - use some powder of hardening to
>>being the max back up. for cloth and leather, however, you'll slowly
>>end up killing the item.
>>
>You can use the powder of fortification on ALL armor and even cloth.
>I use it on my leather armor all the time. I have also used it on
>cloth hats that have low durability.

That's good to know. Can you use it on bows and crossbows too? Oh well,
I never wear leather except sometimes boots. It just seems wrong to
approach some big bad demon with only a bit of leather on. Too many years
of CRPGs I guess. :)

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 11:45:00 -0600, Michael Cecil
<macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 11:33:39 -0600, Ice <nobody@noplace.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:53:25 GMT, "Ghosty Twofish"
>><ghosty@gmail.com.deleteme> wrote:
>>

>>>Also, note that it's much harder to repair items that have reached 0.
>>>Each failure to repair brings the max duribility down a point on the
>>>item. For metal items, its not so bad - use some powder of hardening to
>>>being the max back up. for cloth and leather, however, you'll slowly
>>>end up killing the item.
>>>
>>You can use the powder of fortification on ALL armor and even cloth.
>>I use it on my leather armor all the time. I have also used it on
>>cloth hats that have low durability.
>
>That's good to know. Can you use it on bows and crossbows too? Oh well,
>I never wear leather except sometimes boots. It just seems wrong to
>approach some big bad demon with only a bit of leather on. Too many years
>of CRPGs I guess. :)

Yup the powder works on anything that has durability.

Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic

Ghosty Twofish wrote:

> Bill Glaholt rmv underscore wrote:
>
> > Verily, it was written by ZoombyWoof
> > <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com>:
> >
> > > Well, my hat with zero (0/12) didnt wear out or disappear. I
> > > could repair it with my tailor. Maybe they don't disappear until
> > > 0/0 ?
> > >
> > > /ZW
> >
> > Right. Every time you see something like "your equipment is
> > severely damaged," it means your item at 0 'health' is taking a
> > durability hit. At 0 item-health, every hit that would have
> > otherwise taken its 'health' down a notch, it instead drops the
> > durability. At 0/0, it will be destroyed irreparably.
> >

> > Toothy Grin (2th E Grin) says, 'Have a Nice Day!' *****
> > Bill Glaholt **|*|**
> > http://www.theglaholts.net *.___.*
> > toothygrin & theglaholts d0t net <- replace & with @ *****
>
> Also, note that it's much harder to repair items that have reached 0.
> Each failure to repair brings the max duribility down a point on the
> item. For metal items, its not so bad - use some powder of hardening
> to being the max back up. for cloth and leather, however, you'll
> slowly end up killing the item.

powder of fortificaton, i meant to say.

~ Ghosty
I Awoke In Britannia! http://britannia.blogspot.com

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:59:28 GMT, "Ghosty Twofish"
<ghosty@gmail.com.deleteme> wrote:

>Ghosty Twofish wrote:

>> Also, note that it's much harder to repair items that have reached 0.
>> Each failure to repair brings the max duribility down a point on the
>> item. For metal items, its not so bad - use some powder of hardening
>> to being the max back up. for cloth and leather, however, you'll
>> slowly end up killing the item.
>
>powder of fortificaton, i meant to say.

Oh...darn. I had so many emails offering me the other, I thought I was
set for life in UO.