Info Durable headsets/headphones page

gordonmousedeer

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
I made this thread for anybody to recommend durable headsets or headphones. For a headset or headphone to be worth a good recommendation here, it must be able to take a lot of knocks or physical damage and still be able to produce good sound quality. It's fine to mention headsets or headphones that lasted for a long time but I prefer it if headsets or headphones get recommended or mentioned here because they can take some light physical punishment.

I have a SonicGear Xenon 2 headset that produces very soft sound after some time. As of now, sound will often play from only one side of the headset. Yes, I sometimes hit it with my arm or something else by accident (I don't deliberately hit my headset). Sometimes it gets hit by accident while it is on a table. Its cable may get pulled by accident sometimes. I need to turn up my computers' volume to even hear anything from this headset. I didn't try the microphone because I was afraid that it will detach from the headset (I think the microphone detached from this headset once but my father fixed it back with a screwdriver). This headset is not worth a mention or recommendation here although it can still play sound softly.

Some topics/threads in this forum mentioned that certain headsets/headphones lasted for a number of years. An example would be some Audio-Technica A900s (10 years) according to one user and the SteelSeries Siberia V2 (6 years) according to one user. They could be worth mentioning.

The Logitech H110 headset costs about MYR 33 to MYR 50 (about USD 8.06 to USD 12.22) and it is very durable. According to my colleague, it has been around for about 3 years but it still works well. The earpads have degraded so I threw them away. This Logitech H110 headset got hit by me and perhaps some other objects many times but it can still play good quality sounds from both sides (its speakers). Its noise-cancellation microphone can still record my voice clearly. I would definitely recommend this headset to anybody and it is worth the mention in this thread.

D

Deleted member 217926

This is somewhat an odd topic. :)

Any good headphones should basically last forever especially with replaceable pads. My HD598s are almost in need of a second set of replacement pads. Had them for almost 7 years now. All the Sennheisers are completely modular down to the drivers. A part wears out? You can replace it and you don't even need tools.

Headsets are a different story. A headset with an integrated soundcard and other electronics will eventually break.