Duron 700 overclocking results anyone?

G

I am getting ready to buy a duron 700 processor and possibly the MSI KT7Pro2a motherboard (may change my mind last minute though but it does look like a great board). Can someone give advice on this board, and also what speeds have you hit with your duron 700 and any mb?

G

so you didnt even use multiplier just fsb settings? Was it a KT133A board?

G

Almost all Durons will run at 945mhz max, some higher, some less, but most will run in the 950mhz range OK. I did not find that any different cooling solutions boosted the maximum speed I could run, as no matter what I tried with my Duron 700, 945mhz was the max stable, non-lockup speed I could get. This was with the multiplier setting a 9x105mhz FSB. I tried every bus speed above 105mhz on my KT7 board, and could get no higher, but with the ABIT KT7A-RAID, I could run at 133mhz+ FSB speed OK, just not over anything totaling 950mhz max.

WildRhino

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Finally unlocked multiplier and running at 840 (7.5 x 112) with open case and no increase in voltage,yet.When I try to go higher, the pc either asks for system disk???? or gets blue error screen, along with a number of other things including .dll and registry probs.NEway, it seems half the fun of an o/c to overcome these things.