Duron 800 Overclock?

G

I am going to be in a week building a system with a Duron 800 CPU, on a KM133 board, and I'm just wondering how high can I overclock a Duron 800 to? Could I hit the 1GHz barrier if I raised the FSB to something like 110MHz? Thanks!

G

actually, i think (but don't quote me) that the durons already have a 133 FSB, so your 110 won't make much of a difference. :) you may be able to hit 1ghz if your lucky, so get lots of fans. it depends on which chip too, some are more overclockable than others.

amd rules, intel sux
ie rules, netscape sux
microslop sux, but there is no other company

G

Duron's only run at 100MHz FSB right now(you can overclock though). You should be able to get some good speed off it though.... 950-1GHz should be pretty easy. I have my 750 Duron @ 933 with a 133 FSB. You probably will have to up the voltage to get to the higher clocks. Hopefully the board allows setting VCORE manually.

--
Free us from these chains, let us slip these bonds and touch the sky with our imagination.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you can just swich the fsb to 133 MHz and you get 1064 MHz!
be sure to use a better cooling fan and maybe increase the core voltage a bit... hpe your motherboard supports it.

<font color=blue>die-hard fans don't have heat-sinks!</font color=blue>

G

my duron 800
i got up to 950 MHz on bus speed alone....

well 944 but close.

Im sure you can hit 1GHz, i know i can.

Other im going to set the bridges on the chip soon
so i mean even if i can get 900 only from the chip
i can increase the extra 100 i need from the bus
=-)

-- They have found a way to harness the power of a thunderstorm and expell it with great force!--

SerArthurDayne

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
I've got a Duron 800 that I purchased from OCZ preoverclocked and supposedly tested stable at 1100mhz.. however, I can only run this box stable at 950. 9x multiplier and 105 fsb. At anything past 1ghz, it acts a little strange and crashes fairly frequently, and I'm pretty sure it's not a cooling problem. It does make a pretty big jump between idle and full load temps though... as in 32C idle up to 50C at full load. The heatsink is lapped though, and I've got a crapload of fans. Ah well.. but yeah, you should be able to crack 1ghz with your duron if its even halfway decent. (unlike mine apparently)