Duron 800 running at 1328 Mhz Is 300 MHz bus ok???

G

Hey
my gigabyte MB has this easy tune software
it overclocks using bus speed
max i can go it says is 1328 Mhz and 150 MHz bus speed
will my bus be ok running at that speed?
I mean its doubled right so thats like 150x2 is 300 MHz bus
hmm They wouldnt make softwar that does damage to there board would they? and i know this software works cause ive done benchamarks at 850-1000 and it improves a lot by oc'ing with this software

G

I seriously doubt that any Duron without some special cooling will exceed 1Ghz, regardless of what that software says. You will be lucky to see anything stable at all past 1Ghz, if it boots up at all, or locks up immediately in Windows when you use the software to switch it. Good luck.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
You can get a Duron 800 running over 1GHz, but no way in hell by overclocking the FSB. You are lucky to get 107MHz (214MHz double), not even close to 150MHz. Sorry but you'll have to close the L1 bridges on the chip to unlock the multiplier and overclock with that.

----------------------
I hate intel

G

hey can if i unlock the bridges on my processor...

what will happen? because...... my board autodetects the voltage etc.. no jumpers..
what will happen??

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well you know how it goes right? 100MHz FSB is multiplied by a multiplier, in this case it's 8.0x, so 100x8 = 800MHz. Well if you unlock the L1 bridges (get an HB pencil and make sure they're all closed), you are able to change that multiplier.

I do not explain things very well, so here is the article where you can find out how to do it:

<A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/00q3/000711/index.html" target="_new">http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/00q3/000711/index.html</A>

----------------------
I don't hate Intel............ Do I?

G

You won't get much more than 1ghz with your processor. 1050mhz is about the highest I've heard about and I question the stability at that speed.