Im running
AMD Duron 800
128 pc-133
Gigabyte 7zm
Windows ME
Riva tnt 2 m64

G

Hi there

Did you try downloading the recent via drivers for your chipset??? (if you have a via chipset in your board??)
Also you said you are running ME. Ive had no probs with ME but i do hear of complaints of low scores on 3d mark with the ME os.(or anything other than 98)
I have a k6-3 450 and scored 1811 on 3d mark, so their is definetely a problem their. I also have a Duron 850 with a geforce2 and scored 4835, so i bet with a little tweaking you can get that score up to where you want it :) I havnt been on the site in a while but i do know that they have a message board,and maybe they would be of some help their.

Good luck too you
mark
henrietta ny
gamerx_2001@yahoo.com

"I thought i would never see a resonance cascade, let alone create one."

G

the message board i was refering too was at the 3dmark site

i believe it is this
www.metabyte.com
i may be wrong though

again good luck
mark

"I thought i would never see a resonance cascade, let alone create one."

G

your score as you said are highly unacceptable! I feel sorry for you.

My suggestion is to make sure the BIOS settins are tweak MAX_MAX, how? you either already did! or else you'll have to read the manuals and more, can't help you on that, too many things to set/watch out.

My score was around 4100 if I purposely set everything wrong and got as high as 6010 if everything sets as best as I know it + maximum overclocking of everything possible.

Best regards
cx5

G

Thats the thing... my board is a Gigabyte 7ZM and as far as i know it is set to the best...

This bios hasn't got much performance enhanving settings other then setting the memory to pc-133 and the video card 4x..

its a AMI Bios..-- it licks.. but works. so..
But i mean somethere must be very wrong to have a low score like this..
I do have the newest drivers for everything and beleive me i am the pickiest person about having a fine tuned system ever, newest drivers, direct x installed, latest busmatering the works... so.. im stumpped.
Anything particular that could hold it back that much?
i mean could it be the video card?

G

Which drivers are you using for TNT2?
Also if you have DirectX 8.0, 3dmark really sux under directx8 and most nvidia drivers arent DX8 complient (3d Mark2K1 is supposed to have dx8 support) If so it doesnt mean that your system sux, its just that 3d mark is an inappropriate benchmark

<i>Nascar racing is one of the few sports where spectators routinely die</i>

G

im using detanator 3 drivers from nvidia

i even overclocked my duron 800 to 950
i was still under 2000 3d marks like 1948 i think =(

hmmm

G

The only other thing I can think of is if your using DX8 or not, 3dmark sux under DX8 like i said in my last post.

Frankly though, If everything Else seems ok, i wouldnt worry too much about it. Ive seen boxes that get 110 FPs in Quake 3 at high quality yet still only get a 3800 or so 3d mark. 3d mark is a good test, but its a little outdated, and it doesnt "tell all"

<i>Nascar racing is one of the few sports where spectators routinely die</i>

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
TNT2 cards are supposed to work better with Detonator 2 drivers. nVidia Detonator 2 reference drivers are available here:

<A HREF="http://www.nvidia.com/Products/OpenDrvDwn.nsf/windows?OpenView&Start=1&Count=30&Expand=1#1" target="_new">http://www.nvidia.com/Products/OpenDrvDwn.nsf/windows?OpenView&Start=1&Count=30&Expand=1#1</A>

Here is a good place to get experimental drivers.

[<A HREF="http://www.gamers-ammo.com/nVidialist.html" target="_new">http://www.gamers-ammo.com/nVidialist.html</A>

G

looks like you need more help

PC133 have at least 4 type, 7.5ns=133Mhz and 7ns=143Mhz and each of them have Cas latency of 2 or 3, 2 is somewhat 33% faster than 3 but practise shows around 5 to 10% faster in SiSoft Sandra

Don't care what you have, set it 7ns CL2 in your bios, your RAM might work. if not, always use CL2 then up the Mhz

then again these are not the factor limiting yor graphics performance.

My P2-466, Riva TNT 115/130 got a 3Dmark of 2500, so you should be doing better, no doubtly.

I still could not believe your system have bad score.

Always treat the PC like a woman and make sure you satisfy whatever it needs, and you'll be sure she will satisfy in return, even when you are abusive sometime!

haha, what was I talking about !@@@

Best regards
cx5

mpjesse

Splendid
Couple things... those scores aren't horrible- they could be better though. The highest I ever scored out of my TNT 2 was 2600 I think. Download the detonator 2 drivers... performace is actually slower with the Det 3 drivers. Why? nVidia does their reference drivers based on it's current core. The Detonator 2's (5.x) are based on the TNT chipsets, Det. 3 (6.x) GeForce 1/2 chipsets, and Detonator 4 (7.x drivers) are based on the GeForce 3 chip. So, there will be no gain with Det. 3 drivers. Also, overclock the card and you'll get better performance. Just ensure good cooling.

-MP Jesse