Dust-cleaning PC, how to clean it? Especially, dust filters?

PCTechguy

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
Hey guys,

I wanted to know the safest way to clean a PC from dust. I've had my PC about almost 2 weeks.

I just vaccuumed 1 of my filters... am I safe?

What is the recommended time between every clean up - every 6th month? Using compressed air?

I assume any cleaning won't return it to 100% free of dust, as there will always be dust. But yeah.

I assume when the time comes, I will use compressed air. will the compressed air run out (logically, I think it will)? Is cleaning it easy?

I am thinking mostly of the whole system - Motherboard, CPU cooler, PSU, HDD, GPU etc. And other places.

I am most afraid of damaging my PC in cleaning it up.

But ya know, better clean it and have minimal dust, than have it full of dust. I.e. you are better off cleaning as much as you can.

Solution
x4 on compressed air. Be sure to get the heat sink under the fans too.

Try to perform this outside. Otherwise you are blowing the dust back into your home.
Vacuums arent really a good idea, or the best performing either.

Compressed air is the way to go (canned or compressor), I clean every six months living in a dusty environment, works great.
Pull the filters out and blow them out, then blow the case out. Just kinda swing the air everywhere (dont turn it upside down)

jpatrick2

Respectable
May 4, 2016
Use compressed air and just spray it down until you get most of the dust off. Not much to it. For the dust filters, I just remove them and wipe them down with a moist towel. I give my PC a dust down about every other month. How often you clean yours will depend on how dusty the environment is.