dust dust dust

dflash88

Reputable
Jun 21, 2014
i have my pc now for 3 years and i am keeping it on the floor ( carpet), the pc case is a coolermaster haf 912 plus, it has a huge ventilator on the front that sucks air to cool the inner parts, but it in hails a lot of dust i must say. Does anyone has a similar experience and what is the best solution, should i get rid of the carpet and put the pc on the desk?

Solution
Just buy one of those plastic office chair mats. Not sure 100% what they are called but a while ago before I moved into a house my old place had carpet, all that I did was I bought this plastic mat thing that you put on the floor that is designed to be for office chairs so the chairs can slide across it easier, but I just cut it to size and it worked pretty good. Another thing that you can do is buy some Sheetrock hinges, and then buy a good strong piece of wood from the lumber yard and have them cut it to size. After that take the hinges and attach them to the wood, and then screw them into the wall. Also get a magnetic dust filter kit.
D

Deleted member 217926

Fan filters combined with monthly cleaning of the filters should fix the problem. I have had all my PCs on the carpet since the mid 90s and as long as you clean the filters you should have no problems. Once every 6 months clean the case really good with compressed air.

Having clean carpet helps too ;)

lfkfkfkffs

Admirable
Just buy one of those plastic office chair mats. Not sure 100% what they are called but a while ago before I moved into a house my old place had carpet, all that I did was I bought this plastic mat thing that you put on the floor that is designed to be for office chairs so the chairs can slide across it easier, but I just cut it to size and it worked pretty good. Another thing that you can do is buy some Sheetrock hinges, and then buy a good strong piece of wood from the lumber yard and have them cut it to size. After that take the hinges and attach them to the wood, and then screw them into the wall. Also get a magnetic dust filter kit.

Solution
Any hard surface under the PC will help. If you are pulling air in from the bottom port for the power supply, not only will it be more dust-free but it will run cooler.

A piece of plywood cut to the size of the case would get it off the carpet. And you would still have it in the same location.

TRENDING THREADS