Dust Filters in place of fans..help

aholeinthewor1d

Honorable
May 15, 2012
i just purchased everything for my new build and the case i have is the Corsair 300r. on the top there is room for either two 120mm or 140mm fans...and the same on the side panel. when i was at microcenter i saw a filter that had threaded holes and could be used not as a fan filter but instead of the fan itself. I am looking online and cannot find these. everything i find are just fan filters. I want to be able to have just a filter for some of the wholes with no fan. If anyone knows what these would be called or where to get them please let me know. I dont wanna build the pc until i have something because my room gets really dusty. thanks

aholeinthewor1d

Honorable
May 15, 2012
so i would have to get normal fan filters and use little bolts with nuts to mount them i guess? i have another question also..does anyone know about the direction of air flow..my case is the corsair 300r and it has one fan on the back and one in the front...then there are 2 spaces for fans on top and 2 on the side panel..which are intake and which are exhaust? for now i will just be using the 2 stock fans with the case so i want the filters..im mainly concerned with the dust getting in the top so i need filters but dont want them to be restricting airflow too much..