Question Dust management and cooling

bull2118

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Hi all,

I haven’t built a new rig in 10 years. I’ve been reading through articles and have landed on most of my components but something grabed me and I want to make sure I’m doing it right.

I was looking for cases with superior dust and pet hair exclusion and the cases say they can accommodate different cooling arrangements. Are they just talking about the CPU cooler?

Do they not all come with the fans built-in or do I have to buy those?

Anyone have a recommendation for something that is not flashy, has great dust management, and fans etc...pre installed?

Basically I have just enough skill to put together something easy but don’t have the experience to put together a complex cooling (I.e. underwater liquid gel dry ice) arrangement but I want to make this last for the long run.

Thanks so much and advance!

kanewolf

Titan
Most cases, when talking about cooling ARE talking about CPU cooling.
Fans -- You will have to check the manufacturer's page and photos of the case on NewEgg or Amazon to get a definitive answer for included fans. Most of the time they come with 2, but may have room for 4 or 5. Those additional fans, you would purchase. They might be part of a radiator for the CPU cooler or they might be discrete fans.
The key to dust and pet-hair control is to have a positive pressurization inside the case (more intake fans than exhaust) and to have filters on the intakes.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2