Dust problem with PC

Oct 17, 2018
Hi,

I have a z270i Asus Gaming motherboard and a Phanteks Evolv ITX case, with Corsair H115i water cooling system.

I have major problems with dust. It makes my throat sore every single time the PC is on.

This happens after around 1 month of usage. I had the older corsair model before and that always caused me the same problem. I got a new H115i and it's been working for around 1 month, no problems and then all of a sudden huge dust problem.

This feels like chill powder in the nose and a huge sore throat.

As soon as I turn of the computer it goes away, so I'm 100% sure it's the PC.

I have taken apart the machine and cleaned it meticulously, with hoover, dust cloth. There is no dust inside the case.

I have also cleaned the surrounding area and raised the PC off of the floor by around half a metre.

Still huge dust problems.

I really dont get it.

I'm wondering whether I should get rid of this cooling system and get one that is attached to the CPU?

I would be very grateful for any help is solving this. Life is becoming unliveable with this in my house and it's a shame because its a hugely expensive machine.

At this stage, I'm at a loss to explain this strange phenomenon.

I should add that both my wife and daughter have the same problems and dont have allergies etc.

Cheers

V

Oct 17, 2018

Yes, I've done all this and it's still just as bad as when the PC had dust in it. The surrounding area is no less/more clean than it was a month ago, and there were no problems for a whole month while the new corsair was being used.

I've got a strong suspicion that it's something to do with the corsair grill that the fans are pushing air through. The dust doesnt seem like normal dust, it seems much smaller particles. I think any dust thats going into the case must be getting broken up and no matter how much, or little it's causing me problems.

ie. in one month I have gone from no dust (since the grill and cooler were new), to a little dust (because ive cleaned it but impossible to get all) in the case and I think even that is causing me a problem.

TRENDING THREADS