DV in?

I read that you need this on your camera if you want edited movie from your
camera?
This is the specs of a Panasonic nv-gs11 does any of this mean the
aforementioned?

Interface/Terminal: S-Video In/Out, A/V In/Out, HP, USB, IEEE 1394,

Thanks in advance...

---

ToMo

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2003

P wrote:
> I read that you need this on your camera if you want edited movie from your
> camera?

You only need DVin in case you want to copy your (on PC) edited movie
back to the tape in camera, for backup purposes. Otherwise, DVout is
enough to transfer from camera->pc.

> This is the specs of a Panasonic nv-gs11 does any of this mean the
> aforementioned?
>

> Interface/Terminal: S-Video In/Out, A/V In/Out, HP, USB, IEEE 1394,

Not, I only see IEEE 1394, which is FireWire, a standard to transfer
your movie from camera to PC. The format of the movie is DV (Digital
Video), hence the terminals are called DV out (or in/out), or I-Link (on
sony cameras). But from this you cannot know whether it is in/out or
just out. Read further.
--
Pozdrav, ToMo

The 1394 (firewire) bus is both in and out. I have never seen it exclusively
one way or the other.

"ToMo" <tomislav.duic@muljanik.hr> wrote in message
> P wrote:
> > I read that you need this on your camera if you want edited movie from
your
> > camera?
>
> You only need DVin in case you want to copy your (on PC) edited movie
> back to the tape in camera, for backup purposes. Otherwise, DVout is
> enough to transfer from camera->pc.
>
> > This is the specs of a Panasonic nv-gs11 does any of this mean the
> > aforementioned?
> >

> > Interface/Terminal: S-Video In/Out, A/V In/Out, HP, USB, IEEE 1394,
>
> Not, I only see IEEE 1394, which is FireWire, a standard to transfer
> your movie from camera to PC. The format of the movie is DV (Digital
> Video), hence the terminals are called DV out (or in/out), or I-Link (on
> sony cameras). But from this you cannot know whether it is in/out or
> just out. Read further.
> --
> Pozdrav, ToMo

It is exclusively OUT on most consumer PAL units in Europe....(i.e., the IN
function is disabled. Various 3rd-party widgets are available to get around
it - sometimes).

"Mark A. Smith" <malexs@comcast.net> wrote in message
> The 1394 (firewire) bus is both in and out. I have never seen it
exclusively
> one way or the other.
>

> "ToMo" <tomislav.duic@muljanik.hr> wrote in message
> > P wrote:
> > > I read that you need this on your camera if you want edited movie from
> your
> > > camera?
> >
> > You only need DVin in case you want to copy your (on PC) edited movie
> > back to the tape in camera, for backup purposes. Otherwise, DVout is
> > enough to transfer from camera->pc.
> >
> > > This is the specs of a Panasonic nv-gs11 does any of this mean the
> > > aforementioned?
> > >

> > > Interface/Terminal: S-Video In/Out, A/V In/Out, HP, USB, IEEE 1394,
> >
> > Not, I only see IEEE 1394, which is FireWire, a standard to transfer
> > your movie from camera to PC. The format of the movie is DV (Digital
> > Video), hence the terminals are called DV out (or in/out), or I-Link (on
> > sony cameras). But from this you cannot know whether it is in/out or
> > just out. Read further.
> > --
> > Pozdrav, ToMo

ToMo

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2003

Mark A. Smith wrote:
> The 1394 (firewire) bus is both in and out. I have never seen it exclusively
> one way or the other.

It's not question about the firewire standard, it's question of whether
the particular camera has disabled one way of communication. You have
many cameras (at least here in Europe), mostly cheaper ones, without DV in.
--
Pozdrav, ToMo

ToMo <tomislav.duic@muljanik.hr> wrote in message news:<cbdsr0$v4d$8@sunce.iskon.hr>...
> Mark A. Smith wrote:
> > The 1394 (firewire) bus is both in and out. I have never seen it exclusively
> > one way or the other.
>
> It's not question about the firewire standard, it's question of whether
> the particular camera has disabled one way of communication. You have
> many cameras (at least here in Europe), mostly cheaper ones, without DV in.

Is it possible to change the dv-out to an dv-out/dv-in functionality,
using the information on this site?:
http://www.volny.cz/mkrejcik/dvzone.htm

It seems a little bit old?

M.v.g.

Peter

"peter_bols" wrote ...
> Is it possible to change the dv-out to an dv-out/dv-in
> functionality, using the information on this site?:
> http://www.volny.cz/mkrejcik/dvzone.htm

Does any of the info relate to your specific make/model?

> It seems a little bit old?

Maybe the manufacturers (or tax gerbs) caught on to the
scheme and newer models can't be re-programmed?