I don't know if this is the correct forum for these questions, but

1. How do I write data to a DVD?
I can play a DVD (i.e. a movie usually played in a home DVD player) but
trying to copy files to a DVD by cut and paste or drag doesn't work. The
drive is Pioneer DVR-A09XLA which supports all formats. The disk is TDK
DVD+RW

2. I am getting a message "cannot unmount drive" when trying to format a
CD-RW (TDK brand) in a CD-RW drive (Liteon CD-RW) using InCD software. The
disk contains data, and as I recall (can't check as the drive is in use)
even trying to delete files from it has problems
--
Cheers,
Trevor L.

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:25:19 +1000, "Trevor L."
<tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote:

>1. How do I write data to a DVD?
>I can play a DVD (i.e. a movie usually played in a home DVD player) but
>trying to copy files to a DVD by cut and paste or drag doesn't work.

Correct. Native Windows XP can write CD-RWs, not DVD-RWs. You'll
need third-party software. I'm 100% certain of this answer, unlike
my answer to your second question. :)

>2. I am getting a message "cannot unmount drive" when trying to format a
>CD-RW (TDK brand) in a CD-RW drive (Liteon CD-RW) using InCD software. The
>disk contains data, and as I recall (can't check as the drive is in use)
>even trying to delete files from it has problems

The disk may be bad, or the software may be incompatible with that
drive. But I'm not really familiar with InCD, and also your question
confuses me.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
"My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
"The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
"I was misinformed."

Thanks, Stan

Re 1. I am uncertain where to go to next. The package included with the
drive (Pioneer) only included Ulead software, which is probably fine for
writing videos to DVD (I havent done much testing on this yet), but how do I
write data - this may be a hypothetical question %-( . Perhaps, I will
have to search for DVD writing software

Re 2. Again InCD was supplied with the drive (LiteOn), and generally works
fine for writing CDs. The problem eventually went away, I am not sure why. I
did a couple of restarts, and then refornatted in what I thought was the
standard CD format, but it only formatted to 572 MB. Ah well! I did copy
some data to it after this