DVD + and Dell Precision.

Hi,
I want to get a DVD Recorder and use the recorded DVD's to play back on my
Dell Precision.

I've been told there are multiple formats & I should check my laptop DVD rom
drive can read the DVD+ format.

Does anyone know if the Dell DVD rom drives read DVD + or DVD - or how I can
find out without a sample DVD disc to test.

Thanks and regards,
A.

Hi
Dell only supports DVD +
Rgds

"Ayoros" <ayoros12@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Artois" <nospam@ntlworld.com> a écrit

>>I want to get a DVD Recorder and use the recorded DVD's to play back on my
>>Dell Precision.
>>
>>I've been told there are multiple formats & I should check my laptop DVD rom
>> drive can read the DVD+ format.

>>Does anyone know if the Dell DVD rom drives read DVD + or DVD - or how I can
>> find out without a sample DVD disc to test.

>Dell only supports DVD +

That's in their DVD+-R/RW drives. The question was on their
read-only DVD drives in the Precision, and I assume, other
machines. I'd be curious too, as I haven't entered the DVD arena
yet, reading or writing, in my Dells or any other machines I use
[at work I'm exposed to a wide variety of computers working at
clients' offices].
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.

Artois wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to get a DVD Recorder and use the recorded DVD's to play back on my
> Dell Precision.
>
> I've been told there are multiple formats & I should check my laptop DVD rom
> drive can read the DVD+ format.
>
> Does anyone know if the Dell DVD rom drives read DVD + or DVD - or how I can
> find out without a sample DVD disc to test.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> A.

The Dell website says that the 16X DVD-ROM drive on the Dell Precision
workstations can read "DVD-ROM, DVD video, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW,
DVD-5, DVD-9, DVD-10, DVD-18, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, Photo-CD,
VIDEO-CD, CD-I, CD-Plus, CD Extra, CD-RW, CD-TEXT"