DVD Architect question...

I am using DVD Architect...OK, I am ready to burn my first DVD. I go
through the prepare and burn process. I select my DVD drive as my
destination. However when I try to burn I get an error message saying
that the AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS folders do not exist.

This is probaly pretty plain, but I want to be sure there are no other
gotchas....I assume I need to create those two folders on my DVD first
before burning. Any other little secrets I need to be aware of that pop
up in the burning process?

mwc0914@aol.com wrote:
> I am using DVD Architect...OK, I am ready to burn my first DVD. I go
> through the prepare and burn process. I select my DVD drive as my
> destination. However when I try to burn I get an error message saying
> that the AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS folders do not exist.
>
> This is probaly pretty plain, but I want to be sure there are no other
> gotchas....I assume I need to create those two folders on my DVD first
> before burning. Any other little secrets I need to be aware of that
> pop up in the burning process?

The recommended procedure is to "prepare" (i.e. create the AUDIO_TS &
VIDEO_TS folders on your drive somewhere) with DVDA and use an external app
(Nero, RecordNow, etc.) to do the actual burning. This allows you to burn
as many copies as desired without having to go through the "prepare" process
every time.

Mike

Mac

I agree with Mike about just doing the prep in DVDA and using another app to
burn. Having said that though you should be able to prep and burn directly
from DVDA without having to create the folders or anything. I've done it a
few times that way.

"mac" <nospam@nospam.com> news:1102389807.957307@sj-nntpcache-5:

> I agree with Mike about just doing the prep in DVDA and using another
> app to burn. Having said that though you should be able to prep and
> burn directly from DVDA without having to create the folders or
> anything. I've done it a few times that way.
>

><mwc0914@aol.com> wrote in message
>>I am using DVD Architect...OK, I am ready to burn my first DVD. I go
>> through the prepare and burn process. I select my DVD drive as my
>> destination. However when I try to burn I get an error message saying
>> that the AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS folders do not exist.
>>
>> This is probaly pretty plain, but I want to be sure there are no
>> other gotchas....I assume I need to create those two folders on my
>> DVD first before burning. Any other little secrets I need to be aware
>> of that pop up in the burning process?

I go through the 'Prepare and Burn' menu item for the first go-round,
only. For any subsequent copies I just choose 'Burn' (third menu item),
it skips the preparation process (since it was already done) and just
prints a DVD.

david

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I agree with "mac". I have never created those folders. It creates them
automatically for me. Make sure you have enough space on the hard drive.